need help buying wheels

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey all

so here's where i am at with the 53 dodge

frame is back from sandblasting, picked up new disc rotors and pads and bearings for the camaro rear end, and ordered the disc conversion kit from rustyhope.com. once he send me the needed parts lis ti'll get that stuff. that should cover the braking stuff - except the m/c and pedal assembly but i'll wait till i get further along before i get those as i am not sure if i'll go floor mount or firewall mount.

so i'd like to focus on getting all the suspension done. ideally i'd like to run 16 inch rims on the front with 6-7 inch wide vintage style wheels. 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern is what i need

for rear prob 16 inch wheels with a little wider vintage style tire. i know coker has the tires. what i need to find out is where to get semi-inexpensive (used is fine) wheels that will fit the calipers on the disc setup. is a local NTB going to carry stuff like this? i am hearing of back-spacing, etc etc? i am a newb so this is all new to me

thanks for any help

Coker also has the wheels and will sell them as a wheel/tire package. I don't know what you are wanting to pay though. Vintiques also sells the Vintage style wheels in 16 inch. I believe that the Coker wheels are from Vintiques. The wheels that both companies sell have a dual bolt pattern, 4.5 and 4.75. You can get them in a variety of widths and back spacing.

You can use later steel wheels from Ford or Mopar in 16 inch but they won't have the vintage look that you are after.

I would check a local wrecking yard that has been around a long time. I got my 16" Mopar wheels at such a place. I must have looked at 200 wheels before I got a matched set. Nice thing is with your 4.5" bp you can run Mopar, Ford, Studebaker and probably others. Hard part is finding them in 16".

Otherwise you'll have to anti up with the big bucks.

tks guys - using 15's is fine too. already put more into the brakes and suspension than i thought i'd have to so if i can save some bucks on the wheels i would be happy!

Latest posts

Back