New car show on TV.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

I just watched a couple of episodes of a show I had never seen before on TV, it might have been the first it has been aired. The name is Search and Restore and it really isn't all that bad. Didn't seem to have all the drama of some of the other shows (i.e. Car Warriors :eek::() and it actually features work on the car that most of us can relate to. Hope the producers don't get involved and screw this one up like they always do.

They are doing a 67 Chevy II and the story behind it is pretty cool. They picked a guy who lost his young wife to cancer and he is singlehandedly raising 3 small kids. Seems like a very nice guy and a super Dad, so I am glad to see him get this done for him.

Don

I got to watch some of it this morning, looking forward to seeing more.
I hate to admit this, but did anyone else watching the story as to how this man lost his wife, tear up?
Man I did, I wanted to go help work on his car myself.

BTW that Chevy11 looked really solid!!

She was such a beautiful, young woman when she passed..........way too young. Seeing how the Dad is trying to fill both roles really touched my heart too. Life can be very unfair sometimes. :(

I hope the show does more nice things like this one. It sure beats those 72 hour build shows hands down. :p

Don

What network is it on?

It was on Spike TV here, and was part of the Powerblock shows. The second show they aired was also very good and was on how to properly build an engine and check clearances etc. I got a phone call during the second show and missed a lot of it but it also seemed very direct and with good info, from what I saw.

Maybe some show producers are getting the point that we don't want to see people going up in air balloons and arguing on these shows. Give us good car stuff and we will watch.

Don

Latest posts

Back