New from Minneapolis.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratphotog

Banned
Hi everyone.

My name is Chad and I am a photographer and car nut from Minneapolis, Minnesota.

I have owned a little bit of everything, cars, trucks, American, foreign.... I am a fan of all cars. If it's cool, odd, unique, rare, whatever, I like it.

My current car is a 1991 Saab 900 Turbo. It has hundreds of thousands of miles on it and it keeps on going. It is falling apart around me though..... lol

Here is a photo of it.
3708735856_f1b02a2236_o.jpg

I lowered it 3" (well, I raised it back up because I was tired of dragging on the ground) the doors are black because the original ones were so rusty. The hood is black now as well for the same reason. I know you guys like rust, but these panels were rusted through, now they are just surface rusty... lol

The spark plug wire cover is a handicapped parking sign, and the roof rack is made from Tule supports and an old pallet. I found an original set of rear window louvers for that classic 80's touch... lol

Anyways, it's crappy but dependable.

Now for why I am here.....

I am here like I said above, because I love all cars. I am on a rat rod kick right now because they are inexpensive to build and there is so much creativity involved in creating them.

I have not started building one yet, but I plan too. Probably a truck from the mid-30's. I like the rounded cabs of those trucks.

I am also a photographer and I am on staff with a new magazine called "Rat Rod Magazine." As you can gather by the title this magazine is all about the cars you love.... rat rods.

We just got this project rolling so I have been on local boards (Frankensteiners web site) gathering info and lining up cars to shoot for the first issue. I am on here to look through your builds and tech articles and really immerse myself in the world of rat rods. I want to network, make friends, and hope that we can earn extra readers and support for our project.

So, hello to everyone. I will see you around, i hope.

Chad

Hey Chad! Good to see you on here! Cant wait for the mag to come out, theres a few other guys from Minnesota on here too.

-Josh

Thanks Bonehead. We are working hard to make this thing great.

Hey Josh. Just like on facebook, I figured you or Tony would be in here responding to my thread first.... lol

Thanks Bonehead. We are working hard to make this thing great.

Hey Josh. Just like on facebook, I figured you or Tony would be in here responding to my thread first.... lol

haha yeah, anytime after work if i'm not in the garage i'm on here and if I am not on here i'm probably dead [ddd

No, it's not in stores yet. We are sending magazines to distributors though to discuss having stores carry it. Hopefully we will have something lined up for issue two.

I think we are still taking reservations for the first issue if you would like one. Just send an e-mail to [email protected] if you are interested and ask about it.

Each of the first issues will be personally signed by the staff.

Welcome to the fray Chad... I am no longer the lone RRM guy running around here. :)

I love this place.

And ratrodmagazine.com is fully functional now... Gregster's ride is there to greet visitors...

Latest posts

Back