new from western south dakota

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

low'n'slow

hi everyone, new to the whole forum thing but been around cars forever. im 24 years old and have been looking for some sort of project to get started on. if anyone on here knows of any project cars in my area it would be greatly appreciated. i am on a very limited budget but i have a whole running driving s-10 chassis that im looking to start on (only because i hit a horse in the middle of the night a couple weeks ago and i dint have full coverage and his insurance company is denying liability).... not super picky on what im lookin for but would prefer a 40s- early 50's ford or chevy pickup with front fenders. i have been looking at alot of the posts on here and have found some very useful information already and look forward to getting more answers

i have.... there is a ton of stuff on there that looks great. is there any way to search by specific areas? im pretty limited on how far i can travel

Welcome to RRR! I'd think you shouldn't have too hard of a time finding a project in SD - take a long drive through the country side.

id like to say the same thing. i always have my eyes open for old cars and trucks but lately i havent seemed to notice as much.... and ive run into alot of the "not for sale" stuff lately. especially due to the fact that im gonna be on a pretty tight budget. i have the knowledge, resources, and friends to get this rolling. just gotta find something to get started with.

this is my buddies 47 studebaker that he is working on. im really stoked to see the progress that he is making and ready to get something goin myself

Attachments

• kellams truck.jpg
    kellams truck.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 18
yup. haha. a horse. it was pretty nasty but had my gf with and we were both lucky to walk away. the bike in the back has over 2500 in damage also.... it sucks. but at least its giving me a good base to start on since everything is still good on the truck except the body

Attachments

• 100_0571.jpg
    100_0571.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_0572.jpg
    100_0572.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 7
Hey there, i'm in Gillette now but moving to Rapid this summer. I just sold your truck! It was a nearly rust free '51 Ford and I took $500 for it. Check Craigslist though, I see plenty your way on there. I find it best to just search by year, that weeds out all the new stuff. I found my '62 F100 on Craigslist doing that, Good luck!

well good to meet someone in the area. i just moved back to spearfish from casper. i just missed out on a truck on fr,i A 52 ford f1 that was on craigs list for a whopping 3 hours before it was sold. found a guy who has 6 or 7 pickups that im gonna go take a look at on friday. ill definitely keep everyone posted and keep in touch. i got two other buddies that are hopefully gonna have trucks ready to go this summer so maybe we can get together and compare notes whe3n u get down here

There's an old chevy that the city of sturgis owns that might be obtainable sitting in their compound over by Sturgis RV park back behind the side hack saloon. I also seen several old truck on 90 between Sturgis and Rapid you can see from the road. There's tons of old trucks in your neck of the woods. Hill City too

thanks for the tips. illl definitely look into all of them when i go in that direction later this week to look at those other trucks. hopin to get something within the next two weeks but im not gonna jump until i find somethin for the right price and something im gonna want to stick with

Hey welcome to the RRR from another South Dakota boy.
There is plenty of tin around, but you just have to get out of town and into the country thats where I found mine. You could get on craigslist and check out this one its sweet just wished I had more time, money, and space.

Attachments

• olds 1.jpg
    olds 1.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 3
  • olds 2.jpg
    olds 2.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 4
They're definitely out there. I'm remebering now that right before I bought my '51 a little over a year ago there was a '50 Merc for sale around Rapid with the straight 8 in it for less than a grand, i kicked myself over not buying that one.

Latest posts

Back