New guy from Tennessee

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnrodder

Hey everyone, ive been lurking here since fall gathering ideas and getting to know all the personalities. i have been interested in all types of cars since i was a kid and have had several chevelles,chevy II wagons and v8 vegas but i am now building my first hot rod. I am still trying to figure out this picture posting thing so bear with me. Any advice is welcomed.I am going to try to post a couple here then i will move over and start a build thread.I know you guys like pictures and i have about 125 so far sooo hang on.Thanks for having me and i look forward to sharing ideas and advice.If these first pics show up, this is how my truck looked when i found it. 100_0926 (Medium).jpg

100_0928 (Medium).jpg

Thanks for the welome guys
Bonehead it may be a 47. the tranny was still in the truck and i can barely read the #s on the top of the bellhousing.When i tried to reference them they didnt really make sense.i know the 42 -47s were very similiar. what is a surefire way to tell the difference. WE had to cut brush and trees for about 6 hours to get it out(well worth it)

The trim on the hood in front of the FORD emblem, and the script itself, as well as the grill are differences I have noticed. I am still working through the year differences I have a 43 and a 46-47, I think there are many more from 46 and up.

Mine was easy because of this plate on the dash. Military in nature, the stamping really says 43 although in the picture it looks like 48. My newer hood has script letter Ford but the 43 does not.
(Bullet hole upper right, not from the war)

Attachments

• 43 ford tag.jpg
    43 ford tag.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Thanks cycledog, its great to be here

Yeah Bonehead I have seen a lot of em that have a tag on the inside of the glovebox door that shows the GVWR but mine was missing. i have the tag on the drivers side firewall but you cant read the # anymore

That looks familiar I had to cut mine out of a similar growth of trees. It was worth it because the whole truck was there. Good luck with the build and don't be a stranger.

Latest posts

Back