new to forum big rat REO says it all !

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigratREO

Hi from East Tennessee. Just north of Knoxville Tn. up in the hills. After 4 years of on and off building i finally started driving my project. Started with a 24 ft. motorhome trashed the coach to bare frame and cut about 4 ft. off the frame. 7300 miles on the chasis with a 440 Dodge 727 trans. Found a REO F23 cab from a dump truck and started building. Now has tilt steeringwheel, hydrobuster brakes, bucket seats and since i'm a woodworker, cherry center consoul and dash. I built a patio on the back complete with hand rails, swing and lawn chairs rusty of course. Haven't built the patio table yet, it will have a umberalla. 6" chrome duel stacks.With a big bull skull mounted on the grill and snot (shaveing cream) oozing from its nose and lights in the eye sockets it gets lots of lookers! Another skull for the back, a Texas longhorn with a 4 ft, horn spread, brake lights will be in it's eyes. Hope it quits stinking by spring !!!!!
Found a Dana Spicer 5831G aux trans which has 2 underdrives, and a 1-1 haven't installed it yet. Turnin it backwards That will give me 9 foward gears and 3 reverse. Should take me from about 8 mpg to maybe 15 i hope.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not very puter smart. I tried to post picts. Haven't figured it out yet. So how do i post picts? After restoring a 1977 Dodge Aspen custom coupe and finding what a pita to take it to a show. It sets in a shed, hasen't been started it in 4 months. Big boys big toys, Rats are way to go!

Welcome to RRR!

Pics: On the REPLY screen, scroll down and click "Manage Attachments". You may need to resize your pics. 1000x1000 is the limit.

build em big

Taa daaa

Attachments

• DSC00854.JPG
    DSC00854.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 20
  • reo025.jpg
    reo025.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 20
  • reo032.jpg
    reo032.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 19
  • reo033.jpg
    reo033.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 19
  • reo 034.jpg
    reo 034.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 19
bumper

It's off a Freightliner cut and bent. Sure helps when your cousin ownes a truck junkyard. I want one of the 1950s Autocar bodies he has, but won't part with. Also has a 1929 Corbit. Where i got the Reo cab.

Latest posts

Back