new to this site

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liverhater

Hello fellow builders, I'm building a 1926 Ford model T rat rod. I chopped the top 8 inches, set it on a double drop zip frame that I built for it. It'll be powered by a hopped up 350 I pulled from a race car, the transmission that also came from the race car is a 3 speed Saginaw I believe. I'm trying figure out what transmission would best to go with to help with pedal room and also durability. I'd like to be able to romp around town but have a higher highway gear for lower rpm's. Also manual or automatic. The motor should be putting out around 400 horsepower. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I reside in Charleston, S.C.

welcome

my 3OlSH dodge weighs 23OO LBS with a SBC 375 horse, 3:25 gears and 3O inch tall tires, l put in a 7OOR4 built by a friend to stand up to 5OO HP with a 25OO stall and it is a great combo. l drive in town in 3rd gear and it woks well. she cruises at 22OO-24OO RPM at 6O and pulls 25 MPG on the hiway and about 18-2O MPG in town.

power is not a problem, it go from O to 6O in about 4 seconds and l still don't know how fast it will top out at as about 12O MPH with the short wheelbase it starts dancing around a lot so l backed out, but that was only a little over 1/2 throttle and still climbing fast.

for more info l have a build thread on her.

PLEASE do a build thread on your'e rod.

Later:cool:

Last edited:
Welcome from Southeast MI...

Nice to have Ya.... sounds like a cool build but of course pic's are preferred...

Latest posts

Back