newbie from ohio

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chasingadream

Banned
hello everyone! :cool:
I'm a 34 year old gearhead from northeast Ohio. I recently picked up a new project, 1938 Ford truck, building it as a rat rod. I stumbled accross this website a few days ago, and so far i'm impressed!! The people on here seem to be nice and helpfull. So far I haven't seen all the arguing and smart !@# comments here that seem to be all over some other forums. Lots of good information, and i'm sure i'll have lots of questions!

The '38 is a bit of a mutt, mix of parts from several vehicals...
cab (channeled 6 inches), hood, grill, front fenders, headlights from a '38 ford 1/2 ton

bed, rear fenders & tailgate from a '53 Studabaker (soon to be bobbed, sectioned and channeled)

frame, springs, front end w/ dropped axel, front brakes from a '33 Chevy Master sedan

straight 6 & powerglide from a '64 Chevelle

rear end from a '70 Nova

Vega steering

I've got a 350 4 bolt & 400TH that will soon be calling this truck home.

This will be my first rat rod, been wanting one for quite a long time, so i'm really looking forward to this build. In the past my toys have been GM muscle cars, several Camaros, and a dozen Trans Ams.

Current daily driver is a '94 Camaro RS, and i've got a '64 Impala in the driveway as well. If anyone knows someone who might be interested, i'm selling the Impala to pay for building the '38 Ford. First person with $2000 gets it. I'll probobly end up not using the fenders & hood listed above if anyone wants them.

I'm a pretty open person, and love to BS about cars, so if anyone want to chat, feel free to drop me a line.

Pictures!!!

Come on man... u gots ta share some fotoz! I love '38 Fords & would love to se what ya got! Welcome to the forum!!!

BoB

welcome to the site! you got us pegged!-no drama, no arguing, and lots of nice people who'll help when asked....
there is one thing tho, and that is, we like pics!! show us your rides!!!

Welcome to RRR, c-a-d. That's right no drama, just clean rod talk here. Lots of knowledge, too. Oh yeah ! Gotta have pics of that 38. Rules & all that stuff. :D

Thanks for the kind words, I'll be picking up the '38 Ford on saterday. The guy I bought it from is holding on to it for me untill a buddy of mine makes room in his shop. Better to build it in a bodyshop than in my drivway! I can't wait to get my hands on it! Way too many ideas going through my head! I'll post photos when I get the truck to the shop, the only photos I have right now were taken in a dark garage, so the photos are crap.

Sweet!

Chasingadream,
Good catch guy! I'm really happy for you, those are beautiful trucks & it's gonna make a cool rod. I'll be watching for the photos.

Beercan

Latest posts

Back