newbie with 48 ford p/u

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boanerges4

New member from south Ga. Ive built a couple of old cars thru the years but got away from it because my pockets were not deep enough. I got back into motorcycles and VW trikes. Ive built 4 trikes and have the 5th vw cut apart. Now I hear voices at night saying RAT ROD. I presently have a 1948 Ford cab sitting on a custom scratch built frame with Speedway 6 inch dropped axle with HP radius rods and disc brakes. Cab has been chopped 6 inches and channeled over frame, the bed has already been shortened and awaits installation, its running an S10 rearend. I also picked up a Chev 305 with 350 th trans, drive shaft and tilt wheel from a 1988 chev 1/2 ton from a buddy who owns a junk yard for the total sum of 350 dollars and I drove the donor before he pulled the engine. Cost so far 2,550. Not to bad. My hold up now is Im trying to finish up a 6x11 standy teardrop camper that Im building for me and my 3 year old grandaughter. I hope to finish jt in about 3 weeks. then it will be me and the RAT. Im 60 years old and will be retiring from UPS after 37 yrs on Dec 31. Im going to need a lot of help so you guys dont leave me hanging. Looking forward to the journey. Thanks Dennis

Welcome from Southeast MI.....

Nice to have ya aboard....yep....pics are required....sounds like you've got a good start to a killer project..... [P[P

Welcome Dennis, glad to have you here at RRR..Would like to see pics of your project and your trikes..

I'm attempting the worlds slowest build of a 48 Ford myself :)

Tim

Latest posts

Back