nooooobie

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazin

20 year old from Riverside county, CA. Got an 05 Trailblazer and i'd like to drop the 4.2 inline 6 in an old 2 door coupe or get a ford/chevy truck cab and build a custom flat bed for work. As much as I would like to build a custom chassis and all that I would like to get away with keeping the engine on the tb frame. Comments/suggestions/critisism appreciated

My only mechanical exp is ripping apart my dirtbike but im looking to load up on tools this year so if you got any tips on what tools i should get to start this project let me know.

welcome

pic?[P

they always help,

as for tools, it depends on you're skill level, if you can weld, use torches/plasma cutter and fabricate it puts you at a great advantage to start with.

then when that question is answered, the more hand tools and air tools the better and a good air compressor can be a great asset.

a metal break, lift, floor jacks, jack stands, the entire Matco & sears & snap-on tool line, tool boxes, a couple tool trays, this may take awhile but you can never have to many tools.

if you can't afford a new set of tools, hock shops and craigslist are a great source. harbor freight has some good stuff also and friends can help here too.

Later :cool:

Hi Blaz, and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta.
I have heard of people using the whole newer running gear, and the floor, firewall and dash. Just cut a little bit more tin out of the old cab or body and slip it over the floor, dash and firewall, and weld it back together. All of the computer wiring stays intact, the steering stays hooked up, and all of the instruments, light switches and gauges are working. Anyhow, Food for thought.

Welcome from Southern Ontario....it's great to see some young guns getting involved! Look around lots in here, there will be plenty for you to pick up.

Latest posts

Back