Off again onn again

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martyf

So back in June, I resigned from what on the out side looked like a really sweet gig of a job.

I basically was a personal Helicopter Tech for a rich dude. All I had to do was take care of his ACFT and be on call 24-7. I worked basically a week on, and 2 weeks off, but on call. (with full salery) some times the on call was a real PITA

Things started to get a little hairy when he started asking me to sign off things and let maintenance issues slide due to COST (helicopters, big twin engines) are expensive to operate (1200-1500$ hr) and there are a few minor items I was willing to over look (non safety of flight items), but when it started to be dianamic component issues and cracked spline drives, I stood my ground. nope, was not going to fly until it was right.

Well come to find out the items I had listed in the ACFT log were ripped out. That was it, I was done. I did not want my name and license associated with this ACFT any longer and resigned, effective immidiatly.

SO MY RAT ROD BUILD WAS OFF (suspended due to budget cuts:()

Well my friends, you are now looking at the NEW DIRECTOR OF MAINTENANCE at a local reginal airport!! WOOT WOOT!!

BUILD IS BACK ON!![cl[cl
Been lookin for suspention parts all day HEHEHEHE[cl

Last edited:
smiley-eatdrink004.gif

Congratulations Marty! Glad to hear good news.

Good to see someone stand thier ground

And glad to see you back to work [cl

I committed financial suicide back in November 2011, I was given job attached unemployment because they were afraid I would turn them in for all the known illegal’s they kept employed and are still employing them to this day knowing they are illegal. They would let these guys work as contract labor and after a year the gubberment would send a letter to the company saying their paperwork was bogus, taxes are not being paid and hold payments on them. The next day they would come in with new sub contractor names and paper work, I watched this go on for 6 years. When times got tight I watched the legal workers get picked off one by one till one day I said I would not be apart of this anymore and gave notice, I got laid off the next day:eek:

what is that?

Here in Colorado if an employer laid you off , If they return their paperwork stating you are laid off due to lack of work and you maybe coming back to work when things pick up you get job attached. Just means here is a time frame that you don’t have to file paperwork saying you are looking for a job.

Congratulations on the new job ! [cl You did the right thing, your reputation and license are on the line, not to mention probably getting some legal problems too, if things went wrong.

Enjoy the new position.:D

Don

but you still get an unemployment check?

yep (40% of my normal wage in my case) pay for 6 month. Paid vacation while looking for another job. Down side no jobs around here. The want add page is 1/3 of a page, 5 years ago was 6 full pages. 25 years and this was the first time I had to file. Out of a 30 man crew that I ran only 6 are working and thats because the job required finger print verify to work on the job. The other 24 have been replaced with Illegal subs :mad:

The unemployment rate in Grand Junction is 11.20 percent(U.S. avg. is 9.10%). Recent job growth is Negative. Grand Junction jobs have Decreased by 2.32 ...

I have been called stupid, but I left with my pride, And it won't be my knife in the back of an American.

Last edited:
Man you did the right thing. I can guarantee if anything bad would have happened based on something that was "over looked", your boss would have thrown you under the bus for it and all the blame would have been placed on you. For 25 years, I worked a job where I was on call 24/7...it can old in a hurry. Sounds like you ended up with a better deal and a fancy title to boot:D. Congrats...now finish your project dangit.

I know where you guys are coming from. I was under employed for 2 years. Seems nobody wanted a 51 year old electrician. A few months ago I found a local company that does basement waterproofing and they needed a service tech with some basic handy man skills. Glad I found them.

thats what I was worried about, Im 44.

I'm Glad everything worked out for you and again congrats on the new job, Sorry about the thread jacking, I'm just glad to see there are still people out there willing to stand up for the rigth thing, now get to work on the rod [cl

I'm Glad everything worked out for you and again congrats on the new job, Sorry about the thread jacking, I'm just glad to see there are still people out there willing to stand up for the rigth thing, now get to work on the rod [cl

Amen, Brother![cl

It's amazing what the big people in the office want you to overlook.:(

Regards,
Shea:)

Latest posts

Back