Oregon gots rats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

29desoto

Outside Rose Lodge, OR, which is outside Otis, whi
Names Wayne, live about six miles from Lincoln City, OR. I live in the "mountains", elevation about 350 feet. Moved from Utah, elevation 4,300 feet, and that was in the valley.

Previous British car restorer. Took my last one, an 89 Jaguar XJS to a car show, and spent the whole time chasing kids off and away. Watched from a distance as a guy hoisted the 4,000 dollar hood then dropped it closed.

Decided to quit that, and build a rat. Going slow, but I tend to ask a lot of stupid questions. And as I go, I am taking the time to learn. Torque converter for the car? Studied stall variations and such. Took about three days. Now I know what I am buying.

Anyway, walked into a 29 Desoto with an amazing body. Sits on a Toyota truck chassis, chev 8 bolt rear end, SBC 267 motor (yes, 267. Built from 79-81. A total polluter, and GM gave up on it. I got a rebuilt from a shop that had sat on it for 20 years for $100.) I do have a Jag front end, but not sure I want to put it in.

Currently trying to fit the body to the frame. Something hanging up somewhere. Maybe tomorrow.

Y'all say howdy now, and play nice!

Attachments

• jag1.jpg
    jag1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 18
  • P8110001.JPG
    P8110001.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 27
  • P8110002.JPG
    P8110002.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 23
Welcome to RRR! Good looking project. Are you planning to keep it tall or chop it? Personally I like it high - Jalopy style.

Welcome to the forum, great looking sedan. If it was mine I'd turn the jag front end into cash and buy a bigger engine and take it out and stand on it!!!!!!!!! Have some fun with it and don't let some sissys in a Honda out run it...

Welcome!!!

Glad u found us & welcome to the rusty side... SO much better! Once saw a drunk guy start getting into every single car at a car show until some really big guy changed his mind!!! [cl[cl[cl

BoB

Welcome from Iowa! You will like the rat rod life I'm sure. Everytime I'm away from my truck and look back it never fails there is someone leaning all over it. But it does really matter because you can't really hurt these things.

Thanks for all the kind words

TO try to respond to all the questions...

I think it's going to stay tall. I ain't getting any younger.....hence giving the 73 MGB to my son. Bought it the day he was born, and couldn't hardly get in and out any more!

The Jag front end......I think it will be on CL shortly. As far as a bigger motor.....I scare easily! And a 267 should move this little weight fairly well.

The clean garage.....live with it! I built this as a shop, and it's the first one I ever had that did not have house stuff stored in it. Had a six car garage at the old house, and the daily drivers sat in the driveway. (and I do prefer a clean shop)

Thanks for the kind welcome....see you in Salem at the rat rod show! Hope to have it motivational by July or so, but there is a lot to be done.

Wayne[cl

Latest posts

Back