Pickers dream

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
Or nightmare. I found a butt load of old cars today. butt didn't have any luck buying any. One guy will sell me a few on the cheap but most of the stuff belonged to relatives ect. Then we went to his cousins and couldn't get anything bought there either. I'll get pictures up tomorrow morning, it's late and I'm beat. I did come home with several of the old road signs with glass marble reflectors and can go back after a decent 48-49 F5 Ford and an Essex 2 door sedan. The car I was really trying to buy is a 1950 Olds 88 2 door with the fleetline style body. Also, the one guys brother who lives in Denver has 4 38 Ford pickups and a 57 Ford Courrier sedan delivery that I am going to try and buy.
The guy takes us to a building and there is a really nice early 50 Hudson and a nice original 41 Ford truck. Keep walking, a beautiful Areonica Champ with the wings stacked out, A nice T express truck. Look behind a 59 Kenworth and there was an all original 33 Ford tudor and a couple 68 Mustang fastbacks. Another building has a 28-29 tudor with the engine out and a 26-27 T coupe, same thing, tore apart 30 years ago and the rebuilt engines never re-installed.

They are going to get around to fixing them up "some day". :rolleyes: At least you broke the ice and maybe if you stick close to them you might win.

Don

OK, here we go
PC010.jpg

PC011.jpg

PC012.jpg

PC013.jpg

PC015.jpg

PC016.jpg

There were several other neighbors we didn't get to and one of them is supposed to have another Ford like the one on it's roof, 39 or 40. Sorry I didn't have my camera all the time, when we went to the buildings we had jumped in the mule and I didn't remember to grab the camera. Also I found a 60 F100 big window custom cab with factory radio and automatic transmission that I want to try and get, another absent owner who has to be contacted. Everywhere you looked, old cars. Part of it is a small dried up town with no post office or businesses left and it's just old cars everywhere, too many cars and not enough time. It's over 100 miles and not sure how soon I will get back.

looks like a nice day of site seeing would be nice to have that kind of collection at my house, thanks for taking us with you hope you can save some of that iron.

Cool. I'm with you WB3. I like that Oldsmobubble. The 40 Ford Tudor sedan laying on it's roof looks pretty good also...and all those trucks, wow.

man you guys are soooo lucky. if you left cars outside like that here on the West Coast of B.C. they'd turn to mush in about 5 yrs.....

i'm not joking i look at mushy cars all the time.....:(

Well, my buddy who took me there got on the phone and bought the 2 better 39 pickups and the 57 Ford sedan delivery. Plus he already went back this morning and hauled in a 51 Ford sedan. I have first dibbs on the 57 if he decides to sell it.

What ever that thing on tracks is supposed to be, would be cool to own![dr A rat rod on tracks!!!![cl

Latest posts

Back