Quick brake question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make yourself a dimple disc out of 14 gauge steel that will fit the diameter of the end of the master cylinder.
While holding the plunger with your thumb, take the ring keeper out, install the dimpled disc over the end of the plunger then put the keeper ring back in. You can do this without have to bleed the system again.
Don't use the rods to take up the slack.

the only problem with doing this is "dimple spacer" you install under the retaining clip, it may stop the piston from coming back far enough to uncover the return ports in the cylinder resulting in brakes that drag on release or stay locked up on pedal release.

I would get the proper MC, modding brake parts can be dangerous to those around you, you're not alone on the roads.

Please be safe out there.

Well, for better or worse, we now have brakes! I made a plunger out of a piece that had just a little slack around it in the master bore. Done a bleed, and now we have brakes. Here's proof, my smiling mug. :D

Brakes

I used a Speedway universal kit with the Corvette master cylinder and mine also had a deep hole in the end of the cylinder shaft, BUT it also came with a insert with a dimple on one end so it could be used for power brakes. What they left out of my kit was the plastic bushing that goes in the end of the peddle. Always something missing.

Latest posts

Back