The Florida "Poor Boys" Thank You for Billetproof success!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AHotRod

Thank You for coming to Billetproof Florida 2008!

On behalf of the Poor Boys Car Club of Florida, I want to say Thank You to all of you that came to the 1st annual Billetproof Tradional HotRod and Custom Show in the Southeast held at Garlits Big Daddy Don Drag Racing Museum. We are honored to have had you as our guest for the day, and I hope that you enjoyed yourself and the entire day’s events. A lot of time and hard work by our guys, our wives, and some close friends went into making this such an amazing event. The overwhelming success of this show would have not been possible with out each and everyone of you that came to show your HotRod and Custom, and to those that came to see and enjoy those cars and trucks.

As most of you know, we have experienced tragedy in our club family. We lost our fellow club member Myron Jr. in a car accident in December, and my son Cody in a car accident in January. Myron & Joyce had an award this year to give in honor for their son Myron Jr. which warmed all of our hearts. Next year, my wife Jennifer and I will honor Cody with an award in his honor.
I personally want to Thank each of you that looked me up on Friday and Saturday to give your heart felt condolences and a big hug. Each of you has a special place in my heart for your kindness, thoughts and prayers.

We want to say a big Thank You to Alan and Melissa of Billetproof for choosing the Poor Boys of Florida to be the Host Club for the event. We are truly honored to have been chosen for this task and I trust that we did a good job for you. We understood from the beginning the risk and expense to do this, and that is why we worked so hard to do what ever we could on our part to make it successful. The support of the 500 folks that brought out their HotRods and Customs for the 1st event is a sign that doing this show in the southeast was the right choice.

We want to say a big Thank You to our fellow Poor Boy brothers that came to the show from all over the country. You guys and gals are truly amazing, coming from California, Michigan, Tennessee and Alabama. Your support at the show and throughout the year is fantastic. I hope that we showed our Florida fellowship to you and that you will come again next year.

We want to also say a big Thank You to ‘Big Daddy’ Don Garlits! Your love for traditional HotRods and Customs goes beyond measurement. It was so good to see that you were enjoying yourself throughout the day, and when you rolled out your Swamp Rat dragster, and fired it up ……well I was speechless. The fantastic stories that you shared with us at the end of the day will be in our memories forever. You have reinforced our desires and passion to build and drive old style HotRods and Customs.

We want to Thank all of the Clubs and individuals that stepped up to fabricate Awards. The creativity and craftsmanship is truly amazing. We know how much time, energy, and searching for components goes into doing it, not to mention cost. I personally was honored to have been chosen for the ‘Body Basher’ Award that was crafted by Lockwood Kustoms. I had finished the car on Thursday night before we left to drive to the event. We are truly honored that you did it, and I hope that you and others will consider doing it again for 2009. If you are interested in doing an award for 2009, please PM or email me.

We want to Thank the Bands that played awesome music for us all to enjoy throughout the day. I couldn’t stop from snapping my fingers and tapping my toes to the great beat all day long. There is no substitute for the live music that you all performed for us. You guys Rock!

We want to Thank all of the vendors for taking the chance and coming to a new event. Your support and quality of products is truly first class, and I hope that you had a successful sales day, so that you will consider returning for another great day of Billetproof in 2009.

We hope that each of you enjoyed yourselves and we hope that you will come back again and bring some more HotRods and Customs with you next year!
Sincerely,
Glenn Hayes
Poor Boys Car Club Florida

Attachments

• LS side.jpg
    LS side.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 42
Worth the work HUH!

Sounds like a great time for all. It will only get better next year. The first one is the hardest to do. You should be proud of what you accomplished. Back slaps and hand shakes for all that pitched in.

Glenn, my Son Dan and I really enjoyed the time we got to spend talking with you. Your "traffic cop" job had you humping the whole day, but you still found time to spend with everyone who wanted to meet you.

I know for the people who were not there it must sound like a broken record, everybody just keeps saying what a great time we all had, but it is true. I can't remember an event that had such a family/friendly feeling about it, all of the participants went out of their way to make everyone else feel welcome and comfortable.

Alan and the entire Poorboy's organization should be very proud of the job they did.................I can't wait for next year's show!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Don

Many Thanks for the kind words Don !

I think next year I'm gonna get a room for Saturday night too, so we can decompress and spend quality time in the parking lot and visit.

We are looking at doing a Poor Boys Gathering in the next couple of months so we can invite you and all of the others that would like to come and just get togather and enjoy one anothers company for a day....
Glenn

You guys did an outstanding job Glenn. I didn't see or talk to anyone who wasn't having a good time. Hats off to you and the rest of the Poor Boys that made the weekend run smoothly for everybody. I'll be going again next year for sure.

Glad to get to meet you glenn!! you guys get the thanks, we just showed up! Its your work that made the show! Let us know about the get together, ill be there.

Latest posts

Back