This would be a cool build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone sure put a lot of hours into that - it looks like the firewall came from a real car. With no kickup in the rear it must have been made to fit a completely flat frame like a T or A ?:confused:
Wonder if it ever hit the road.....

Yes, that is cool. I bet the $999 starting price is WAY below the actual reserve he is seeking. I don't think that one will go cheap, but I have been wrong before.

Don

i wish i could buy that. or something similar.
i am going to go out on a limb here
and say that is my favorite type of car.

I've been wanting to build something similar for a long time. Love the old speedsters.

It's down to a little over one day left and still no bids. Come on RRR, someone needs to build that thing. If it wasn't so far away I would spring for it just because it is so different.

Don

why?

it always amazes me what people will spend money on that they could just build themselves for a lot less. i could probably build that for about 300 bucks!! it would be brand new and you could rust it up and get 1000 for it. oh ya, put a few dents in it too.:):)
p.s. but you wouldn't have a ply firewall though. i suppose it being original has it's value but not to me.

Last edited:
It's down to a little over one day left and still no bids. Come on RRR, someone needs to build that thing. If it wasn't so far away I would spring for it just because it is so different.

Don

Now there's one bid and no reserve. If it was closer I would probably bid on it. That would be one unique roadster!

it always amazes me what people will spend money on that they could just build themselves for a lot less. i could probably build that for about 300 bucks!! it would be brand new and you could rust it up and get 1000 for it. oh ya, put a few dents in it too.:):)
p.s. but you wouldn't have a ply firewall though. i suppose it being original has it's value but not to me.

If you could build it for $300 let's see it! ;)

Not all of us have that level of metalworking skill.

Good, I'll send you $300 and a firewall for one like that!!

speedster

willowbilly3, i said i could build it for $300 to me. that isn't what i would sell it for. there isn't that much steel in it. you are right though, i do tend to think most people have the tools and time and dare i say it, talent as i do. if i wasn't bogged down with building a '23 t altered a '23 vwt and a whole lot of fiberglass molds of a fiat and T, A, and '32 ford grille shells, gow job model T, '50 chevy truck rat rod, '63 plymouth and a new project this week, a '64 comet, i would build it. i have always wanted to build a speedster and put a pinto or such in it. just to name a few of my projects.

Latest posts

Back