Toyota rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carsonrods

Full factory boxed frame with disc brakes, adjustable torsion bar front suspension, 22RE engine and 5 speed.
I converted the EFI to old school intake with a Weber carb and installed a standard points type distributor. It has all Toyota components such as the clutch and brake cylinders and pedal assemblies. It has a Toyota steering column with double U-Joint shaft passing through a Craftsman 19mm wrench stabilizer bracket. It runs a stock Toyota radiator with a one off shell I built myself. I built the header as well. The cab is a 39 Ford, channeled 5" over frame and has all smoked glass. Front and rear glass trimmed in copper tubing. Seats are Honda Prelude, shifter by Bud, old school bar switches, no toggles here. Headlights are off road made ugly by me and feature fruit basket rock guards, headlight and mirror mounts are pipe wrenches, air scoop/cleaner is a miniature mailbox. Oil cap doubles as "on board GPS" via vintage compass. Car has air conditioning via the original air vent operated by a rather unique lever system. Dome light is miniature coleman lantern. Tail lights are miniature
old milk pails. The almost vintage looking cool wheels are compliments of Ford Ranger. A replica of the old moonshine still sittin'in the bed. The main fire,
water, and grits tank is the actual fuel tank, about 16 gallons. The final moonshine bucket can open to be a small storage place. It has Granny's Rumatiz Medicine on it and features granny's cup of "Beverly's Hillbillies" fame. The little truck is easy to maintain and drive and gets about 25 miles per gallon. Let me know what ya think.

Attachments

• 0020.jpg
    0020.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 0070.jpg
    0070.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 172
  • 0157.jpg
    0157.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 0179.jpg
    0179.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 153
More pics please! Pic of the 'still' and the motor and details and....

The copper tube trim idea is great!!! Only thing that really bugs me is the cheap plastic horn. Not fond of late model steering wheels and columns either, but I understand the why on that. The ghost flames are cool. Kinda up in the air about the grille, but I kinda like it. The grill shell is cool. I'm impressed how the steering box isn't real obvious and the whole thing doesn't look front heavy. Doesn't look like it needs chopped either. From the pics, it looks really well balanced for open wheel IFS. Like the wheel choice and all the little extras too.

I'm going to remember that copper tube idea - fantastic idea!

I like it! I had a Toyota Tacoma for 15 years--it was a great truck and I sometimes wish it was still around.

The skull horn button is ... well ... as long as you like it.

Now that's just cute! :D Not crazy about the grill shell, but it's not mine, so I can't say anything bad about it. Skulls are not my thing,either, but if you like it, that's all that matters!
You can {or could, not sure now} get a Grant adapter and run a aftermarket wheel. I had a woodgrain one on a 78 Toyota pickup I used to own.
Those 20r and 22r engines are tough! I used and abused my 20r, built it twice, had over 300,000 on it when I ditched it for a 231 Buick V6 and Saginaw 4 speed.

Nice Truck

I had a 1972 toyota car back in mid 80`s.It was tough.We used to use it to tow boats to old woodland landing and back it down in murrells inlet until taillights went under just for laughs.Had to keep it revving when tailpipe went deep or it would shut off.[clIt was in chicken pen when I bought it for $50.00.
I eventually sold it and got a 1976 K5 Blazer.
What year toyota truck did you use?
I like it.
I would like to use one of those chassis myself.

im new here and impressed with various projects....but i really like this one.....different from the rest is what really strikes apart from being nice.[cl

Nice truck but be careful with that mailbox air cleaner cover! Last thing you want is your phone bill down in the motor! :eek:

ISore

Latest posts

Back