tv, car prices, too high ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exador

First off I like the shows I`m going to bitch about. I watch them when ever I can. Again reality shows, maybe! Still kewl stuff.

Shows are but might be more I do not mention. Counts customs in vegas, gas monkey in texas, fat and furious. This last one I`m in their category, old, fat, bald, toothless!

As mentioned I like these shows. They get fixer uppers and perform their magic. Yup some to me are magic. Very few are too far gone to redo.

Now ! To me they pay way more than (some) of these cars are worth. Some a fair price. The shows are geared to the American way, (profits, profits, profits) yes they need the profits to keep their businesses afloat and heads above water.

The prices they retail for to me are outrageous! Maybe cause I`m still in the 60`s & 70`s is why. I just wonder how and or if these prices trickle down to those of you who build and sell as a profession. For the average guy the for sale prices are far out of reach. I have a hard time believing these guys are really getting these over top dollars. Could the tv shows and producers pad these monies?

I can see the high dollar for the chrome and shiny rods that are trailered everywhere. Still that's high monies. I look at some e-gay stuff and man oh man, $$$$.

Now in the end this goes back to my other post, "value and worth".

Are these tv shows helping or hurting car prices?

ALL television shows are fake. That includes anything associated with them, including "prices". 100% scripted, and to be treated as such. Those actually involved know better.

There are no "finds". There is no "freestyling". It is all pre-arranged, planned and filmed until the take is right for the producers. Even the premise isn't real. It's just about advertising dollars and marketing, so the more outrageous it seems the more the average American mouth-breather is sucked in to the pseudo-drama. Why gahhh-lee them thangs is worth a million dollars!!! Not quite...

They will give $6000 for a rust bucket , and dont even blink ... I'm thinking ,,,heyI got a rust bucket !! wish they wanted mine for $6000 , shoot I may even take $5000 for it :D

Latest posts

Back