Wild nature today

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallfoot

He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!
I've got my C10 sitting in the front yard and rewiring everything in it. I'm busy tracing wires out, removing, marking, etc. Out of the blue, squirrels are running around me, I saw 5, there may have been more. They were probably just playing tag like they do. It was a fatal mistake for 2 of them. When they went by me, one stopped at my feet and I don't know what my dog was thinking. Maybe that I was being attacked, I don't know. He usually leaves them alone. Well, he caught one and when I looked up from him, about 10 feet away I caught sight of a large Yellow Rat snake and he had one in his mouth too. I kid you not, I didn't know how long it took for a snake to swallow a squirrel, but by the time I made it inside and back out with the camera, the snake had this squirrel downed whole and it was quite a ways inside. When I first saw him he was swallowing it head first. Nature is brutal!
attachment.php

Attachments

• 102_1489.jpg
    102_1489.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 50
For awhile there was an agricultural development mission organization right next to our missionary center in Brazil, just a stone's throw from the banks of the Rio Madeira (outside Porto Velho, Rondonia). An anaconda swallowed a calf whole once, and dogs more than once, too. Out in the village, when we were on our way to the river for baths, we stepped over a 'log' - at least we though it was, until we realized it was moving. Fortunately we were in a back-water area, small creek, really, so the anacondas went down stream when they got really big. (A Brazilian guy from down river gave me the skin from one once - it was around 20 feet long.) I don't like snakes....

For awhile there was an agricultural development mission organization right next to our missionary center in Brazil, just a stone's throw from the banks of the Rio Madeira (outside Porto Velho, Rondonia). An anaconda swallowed a calf whole once, and dogs more than once, too. Out in the village, when we were on our way to the river for baths, we stepped over a 'log' - at least we though it was, until we realized it was moving. Fortunately we were in a back-water area, small creek, really, so the anacondas went down stream when they got really big. (A Brazilian guy from down river gave me the skin from one once - it was around 20 feet long.) I don't like snakes....

Oh geeze....I have a son who would jump into a pile of leaves to grab a snake, but when he see's a spider he yells like a sissy!

This guy is a rat snake about 4 ft long. We have beneficial snakes, mostly non-poisonous around here. I leave them to their business of keeping the rodent population in check. I usually kill the poisonous ones because I'm all over this place in every place they hang out. One day maybe a year ago, I saw a snake that was huge here on my place. He was not in a place where I could see him good enough for an ID. Thick palmettos. Everywhere I looked in that patch of palmettos, I could see snake, but never saw the head. I suspect it was a python having made it's way north of the everglades which is quite a ways south of me. I put 3 shots into it and it kept going...:eek:

This guy is a rat snake about 4 ft long. We have beneficial snakes, mostly non-poisonous around here. I leave them to their business of keeping the rodent population in check. I usually kill the poisonous ones because I'm all over this place in every place they hang out. One day maybe a year ago, I saw a snake that was huge here on my place. He was not in a place where I could see him good enough for an ID. Thick palmettos. Everywhere I looked in that patch of palmettos, I could see snake, but never saw the head. I suspect it was a python having made it's way north of the everglades which is quite a ways south of me. I put 3 shots into it and it kept going...:eek:

That's one tough snake! :eek:

I'm glad I live where we don't have those big snakes. Just Cougars, Moose, and Bears here :p

Last edited:
That's one tough snake! :eek:

I'm glad I live where we don't have those big snakes. Just Cougars, Moose, and Bears here :p

That reminds me of what my Uncle said after going through an Oklahoma tornado. (It destroyed the entire farm except the ground cellar they were all hiding out in.) He & my aunt were just visiting from California for my sister's wedding, and he said he prefers earthquakes, because while they shake you around a bit, at least they leave you on the ground.

Been pretty lucky around here, haven’t seen a snake in a while. But, while we we cleaning out the portable building I recently bought, I was dragging stuff out of cardboard boxes and drug out a large snake skin. I about crapped my pants! Then, a little while later that same day, as we were throwing stuff out the door, I spotted another skin hanging on the edge of the building. Again, another near heart attack!

We figure they were in one of the boxes when the guy put them into the building as the building is well sealed, no way even a mouse can get in unless the doors are open. We swept it out real good before it got moved here!

Latest posts

Back