Wyoming jeep rat rod.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huntcrazy

Hi guys I'm new to the rat rod world. I Currently have a 48 Willys Jeep CJ2A. I'm only using the tub and grill for my project. I have it all torn down ready to pull off the original frame. I'm going to run a built 396 small block chevy with a 700r4 tranny. I bought a 2000 s10 excab short box and was thinking of using the frame for my project. But this is where I'm kind of stuck. I want to lower this jeep to the ground and use an air bag set up to lift it. I just don't know if I should build a frame from scratch or try convert the s10 frame. I just think the s10 front suspension will look out of place. But I like the idea of independent suspension. But the suicide look is cool to. I just don't want it to look hacked together. This is the look I'm going for. Any info and advice would be really great thanks guys. IMG_9753173335787.jpeg

Welcome to the site
Build a frame
If you're using a phone to upload then, one pic at a time is common.
If you're on a computer then try checking the remember me box at login.

Welcome to the site from Northern Michigan.
As Old Iron said. Build the frame.
I personally don't care for the look of IFS on a fender less vehicle. But that's a personal preference.
Lots of great builders on here to guide you thru your journey should you require it.
Torchie.

Welcome to RRR! Some members find it easier to use a picture hosting site like Photobucket.

If you want that look, you'll have to go straight axle, suicide style. You could come fairly close with A-arms and a rack and pinion, but that won't look near as clean. S10 frames shouldn't be used on fenderless rods IMO and without converting to R&P, you'll have the big ugly frame horns sticking way out front.

Thanks for the welcome guys nice to use a site were people actually help you out. lol I will try start a thread in the builds section and maybe you all could walk me and my son through this frame.... Plus you could see my jeep.This will be our first father son build..

Welcome aboard. Sounds like a fun time will be had by all.
I'm working on a father daughter build now, it's a great bonding thing.
I did a 45 CJ2 a little different than most.? I used a pinto front end and suicide it?
Just do what you think works and see where it goes.
And about asking questions, we love it.

Attachments

• Build 082.jpg
    Build 082.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 14
Welcome aboard. Sounds like a fun time will be had by all.
I'm working on a father daughter build now, it's a great bonding thing.
I did a 45 CJ2 a little different than most.? I used a pinto front end and suicide it?
Just do what you think works and see where it goes.
And about asking questions, we love it.

Ya this is the look I'd go for, cool jeep

Latest posts

Back