Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! (http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/index.php)
-   Builds! (http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   1950 dodge truck tribute to my son (http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15231)

skull 05-22-2011 10:55 PM

close

real close. finishing up the wiring this week, gas pedal and a bunch of little thing that alway seem to pop-up. 2-3 weeks is the goal.

:Later:cool:

PilotHouseMopar 05-22-2011 11:01 PM

very cool cant wait, my wiring is still in a box LOL

skull 05-24-2011 10:35 PM

little stuff

[QUOTE=skull;220081].little things that alway seem to pop-up.

one of those little things jumped up and bit me today.

l had to remove the exhaust because the pipe side of the system don't line up with the header collector. it's at a angle and leaves a 1/4'' gap, that will lead to a major exhaust leak. we cut the ends off the pipes and have to reline up the the two at the collector. that should stop any leaks. just hate to have to tear it apart when it's so close.

Later:cool:

Snake Farm 05-24-2011 10:58 PM

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...es/mad0245.gif Aaaaaaaaah MAN !

Hang in there, it won't be near as long as it has been !

hellfirejim 05-25-2011 05:07 AM

Don't feel alone as there are always those little things. I had to tear the dash apart becasue I had put the speedo light on the wrong post of the headlight switch.....Arrggg

We forget just how many places there are in the rebuilds for things not to go right. Got to be thousands of details. Just part of the deal.

You are doing a fine job and it won't be long now...[cl

jim

skull 05-29-2011 11:23 AM

spoon throttle pedal

3 Attachment(s)
got the spoon style throttle pedal in, now throw the carb on and get the TV cable and throttle cable adjusted so l can start the motor this week.

l am running an edelbrock dual plane intake and a edelbrock 600, that should be plenty of fuel for the 327.

the shifter is the goal tomarrow, taking the day off to watch the races[ddev

still have some wiring to finish up and the steering coloulm, still want it running in 2 weeks.

l have been invited to 3 car shows when "done":D so need to kick my butt inta gear and get it rollin because the shows are soon.

PilotHouseMopar 05-30-2011 05:17 PM

you have to get some pics of the pedal mounted, I plan on using the same pedal on my 50

skull 06-02-2011 12:18 PM

more exhaust woes

weeeelllllllllll now, with the fenders on, the style header l was gonna run won't allow me to change plugs or run the plug wires.

lucky, me being the pack-rat l am, l have several other sets of old headers laying around, so we will modifiy a set to work. gonna have to cut the bottom area off and weave the tubes around to fit. the other header flanges on the engine side will clear everything nice.

hope the darn exhaust/header thing will go together ok this time.[S

skull 06-03-2011 12:48 AM

header fix

5 Attachment(s)
fixed the header problem, now steering is in the way of my "new" headers. never fear, l have plan B, a ididt chrome tilt colulm, it was one for another project l may never get to. well l am "borrowing" the colulm for jimmy's truck.

heck, the tires and wheels, throw in the fancy colulm, l feel uptown:D

skull 06-03-2011 01:00 AM

guages and gas pedal

5 Attachment(s)
here is the pic of the pedal ya asked for. we built a flat spot on the firewall so it fit better.

nice guages[cl VDO gold series, the other ones with all gold was not available,
but these will do nicely.

goal is to finish exhaust this week-end and hope to stick in the new column.

the more l do, it seems the more there is to do.

progress has been slow, 3 steps foreword, 4 steps back[S