A small setback on my build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I live in cattle country. I have a Hereford bull & my neighbor has an Angus bull. My bull is pretty big, much larger than the neighbors bull & they stand on opposite sides and try to intimidate each other! My bull snorts & paws the ground throwing dirt up behind him & has dug a hole about 10 ft across & about 3 ft deep. He finally decided to crash through the fence & was gone for a couple days. He finally returns to the fence & I drove him back over on my place through the hole he made. Spent the last couple daze doing fence repair. Also cranked up my big bad electric fence charger. That should keep him in but... we'll see! :eek:

BoB

I feel your pain BoB. Bulls are a pain in the butt when they want to go visiting.

A necessary evil though unless you want to AI your cows.

EAT MORE BEEF!!

When he decides to go through the fence again, he will, electric or not [ddd

That's a fact but he doesn't like the elec fences! I have another one on the other side of our property that seems to work but like you said... if he wants to go... nothing will stop him!

It's good you don't own a china shop!

Really! :eek:

Need some bull photos Tripper. Plus we got us another 1000 poster. A shout out perhaps. :cool:

Here are a couple! The 1st one he was 2 yrs old, 2nd foto... he's 4 yrs old now!

I feel your pain BoB. Bulls are a pain in the butt when they want to go visiting.

A necessary evil though unless you want to AI your cows.

EAT MORE BEEF!!

I've tried AI but nothing works better than Mother Nature IMO! :D

BoB

Attachments

• Jr.jpg
    Jr.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 31
  • bully.jpg
    bully.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 34
I live in cattle country. I have a Hereford bull & my neighbor has an Angus bull. My bull is pretty big, much larger than the neighbors bull & they stand on opposite sides and try to intimidate each other! My bull snorts & paws the ground throwing dirt up behind him & has dug a hole about 10 ft across & about 3 ft deep. He finally decided to crash through the fence & was gone for a couple days. He finally returns to the fence & I drove him back over on my place through the hole he made. Spent the last couple daze doing fence repair. Also cranked up my big bad electric fence charger. That should keep him in but... we'll see! :eek:

BoB

Do you exclusively raise Herefords Bob? I have an aunt and uncle near me that raise Herefords and have customers quite literally all over the world.

Do you exclusively raise Herefords Bob? I have an aunt and uncle near me that raise Herefords and have customers quite literally all over the world.

My girls are Brangus & when you breed them with a Hereford bull they produce a Black Baldy... white face black calves! They're the top sellers in this area. In my county you have to have at least 5 cows to get the Ag exemption... I have 7. I sell the calves to pay my property taxes & buy car parts! The AG exemption here cuts your taxes to 1/3 what they would be normally! [cl

BoB

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 11
My girls are Brangus & when you breed them with a Hereford bull they produce a Black Baldy... white face black calves! They're the top sellers in this area. In my county you have to have at least 5 cows to get the Ag exemption... I have 7. I sell the calves to pay my property taxes & buy car parts! The AG exemption here cuts your taxes to 1/3 what they would be normally! [cl

BoB

Those are cute little buggers!

That's smart getting the AG exemption, save money on taxes and hopefully make a little on the cattle :)

Latest posts

Back