"A" Basket Case

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyster36

Well, is sold my 28 A sedan cause i just wasn't into it. I really wanted a open wheeled hot rod. I came across a ad in a local paper for a 30-1 sedan body. I went, looked, bought, sold, kept some parts, went back and bought the rest of his parts. I sold some more, by now i'm money ahead. Went to a swap meet and bought this 29 coupe out of the back of a truck for $1500. By the time i figured it all up, i have about $500 in it after all the wheeling and dealing. YEAH!! As of know i'm about $1500 back into it as it sits.
28sedan001_zps0d2d43b0.jpg

Got a ol Mordrop axle:
1931cdan010_zps02d28d72.jpg

A spring and crossmembers:
28sedan004_zps9aeb1815.jpg

Frame to be:
28sedan002_zpsd09f2b7b.jpg

and now:
1929ratcoupe001_zpsdcf874d3.jpg

I swept the frame rails in the front 4"s and kicked up the rear 12. I am running spring over axle on frt and rear. I'll be using a pair of 36 rear rods out back as well. I have it channeled 3" and planning on chopping it 4. I found a set of 40's 16's and bought some 7.50's and 4.50 Firestones. Ought to have the rake:). Engine is going to be a mild cammed 350 with a 4 Strommy Weiand set up.
The Dudes like it. LOL
1929ratcoupe009_zps5636dd05.jpg

1929ratcoupe006_zpsdca94024.jpg

Ya i sold my 36 IHC too soon. Shoild have kept it a drove it awhile. I am fired up on this one and will keep this build alive and kickin. Hope to have it up and running before fall.

Bonehead told me when I got my model A kit you're not supposed to take the parts off the parts tree until you're ready to use them!

Very cool man! Nice choice of tires and rims too. Might wanna hold off and do the chop at the end. Looks good without.

Bonehead told me when I got my model A kit you're not supposed to take the parts off the parts tree until you're ready to use them!

Very cool man! Nice choice of tires and rims too. Might wanna hold off and do the chop at the end. Looks good without.

I have to chop it as per my wife and 6 yr old. LOL It's gonna get at least a 4" hair cut. If it were a nice body i wouldn't, but it's a basket case:D

No pics, but i got most of the floor structure done this weekend along with squaring up that ol ragged body. Man was it a bitch to get square. I guess laying in the corner in pieces for 20 yrs didn't help much. Gotta have it out to my buddy's shop Wednesday for the floor pans and trunk area done. He's going on vac and needs some cash, so i busted my ass this weekend to get things done on it. I'll get some pics next couple days.

a lil progress. Going to finish up the truck structure at my buddy's. Aslo goig to make a x member for the frame and a radius rod mount bar.
1929ratcoupe037_zps53cb44fd.jpg

1929ratcoupe036_zps3bce12ad.jpg

1929ratcoupe038_zpse07df8a8.jpg

Suppose to pick up my engine this weekend. My carbs and intake is done. Dick York from Dicks Hot Rod Carbs did the rehab work. Amazing how it turned out.
Before:

28sedan020.jpg

Now:
Ty_Johnson_4x2_back_from_the_dead_6-13_005_zps8bbc1c8c.jpg

Ty_Johnson_4x2_back_from_the_dead_6-13_001_zps4fec7b5d.jpg

Latest posts

Back