hello from NJ

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy23t

Hi all, New to forum, not to cars. Have a work in process 37 Ford pickup chopped and lowered, working on steering now.

Looking forward to learning and contributing what I can

tommy23t

Welcome aboard, Tommy. You picked a great place to hang out.

37s are nice looking trucks. I have its ugly little brother. :D

early pics

This is what I got last year, guy gave up. Body and bed just sitting there, not mounted, no floors. Cool chop and flat windshields. Motor not complete.

Got it running, sounds good, 283 Chevy. Need to mount body and cut hole in rear cab for driveshaft tunnel. Don't like the steering setup, 1/2 a$$ mount welded inside for side steer with reversed Corvair box. Want to mount on frame
Semi-eliptical springs mounted in from, bagged in rear.

Will post more steering pics when I get a chance to work on it again in a few weeks.

tommy23t

Attachments

• IMG_2769.jpg
    IMG_2769.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2770.jpg
    IMG_2770.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 35
This is what I got last year, guy gave up. Body and bed just sitting there, not mounted, no floors. Cool chop and flat windshields. Motor not complete.

Got it running, sounds good, 283 Chevy. Need to mount body and cut hole in rear cab for driveshaft tunnel. Don't like the steering setup, 1/2 a$$ mount welded inside for side steer with reversed Corvair box. Want to mount on frame
Semi-eliptical springs mounted in from, bagged in rear.

Will post more steering pics when I get a chance to work on it again in a few weeks.

tommy23t
I like it. Its a great start. [dr
Now go start a build thread and put this post in it as a starting point. You're off to the races! [cl [cl [cl

Welcome from Florida, cool start on that truck. Know Joisy well.....Atco dragway in the 60's.

Latest posts

Back