Willys long cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, my very unofficial selection of top cool builds: (drum roll) 1st Place, Willys extra cab. The other first place, Torchie's Dodge.

Just all kinds of fun today....
and more to come.

[cl:D:cool::cool:
[P[P [P
Torchie

[cl ^^^[P^^^

I haven't checked in on this build in awhile. It's really looking good. I especially like the suicide rear door idea.

Cooool!:cool::cool:[cl[cl[P[P

Thanks guys

I think I've got a plan that will work. If I can pull it off.
We will see how it turns out .
Thanks for egging me on.

It got to the point of tripping over crap so I spent all day getting the shop
cleaned up and stuff put up so I can find things again. Some times I get tunnel vision and for get to to that often enough. Now if I can find my right hand glove I'd be good. I think that dang dog carried it off. He's been known to do that.

Ok, my very unofficial selection of top cool builds: (drum roll) 1st Place, Willys extra cab. The other first place, Torchie's Dodge.

Jeez Bob thanks a lot I'll take that as huge compliment!
:eek:

I'm not seeing overkill, I'm seeing well
built

Thanks Old Iron
I can't ever remember regretting putting in a little extra effort into a build.

How's the Knee? I hope it's all going well for you.

Jeez Bob thanks a lot I'll take that as huge compliment!
:eek:

Thanks Old Iron
I can't ever remember regretting putting in a little extra effort into a build.

How's the Knee? I hope it's all going well for you.

Yea, I've never had issues with well built either.
Gees, what an ordeal on the knee. Had the second knee scheduled for March 2nd and canceled it indefinitely or if ever.

Yea, I've never had issues with well built either.
Gees, what an ordeal on the knee. Had the second knee scheduled for March 2nd and canceled it indefinitely or if ever.

Been there and done that.
A knee replacement recovery is not easy.
Hang in there and do the therapy!!!!!!

But.......
Pain is a heck of a motivator.
If you are like me, the memory of the it fades and the other knee keeps getting worse and you get it done too.

Then if you are unlucky like me you can get a new hip to go with the knees.
The hip was a piece of cake compared to the knees tho.

Hope you recover quickly!!

Still cuttin on it.....

I think I've got the opening for the third door as big a possible today. Needs a little beatin where I broke the spot welds all out. That's easier and faster than drilling them out tho.

Then I can start building it back for hinges, striker plate, and a door that needs to be modified to fit the hole.

I also got the cover made over the hole I cut for the fuel tank. I was able to use the piece that I cut out of the side of the cab for the top. A little recycling.

I was glad to see all solid metal when I got it opened up. I hate finding swiss cheese cause I don't have the patience that Torchie does.

Attachments

• IMG-3133.jpg
    IMG-3133.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-3136.jpg
    IMG-3136.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-3138.jpg
    IMG-3138.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-3139.jpg
    IMG-3139.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-3140.jpg
    IMG-3140.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-3142.jpg
    IMG-3142.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 26
Insulation....

Any body know what kind of insulation this might be? Just got to wondering if it is Asbestos.
It's really fine hair like strands.

Soak it with water before removing it, helps a lot to keep it from flying around in air and into your lungs and on your clothes to take into the house.

What a mess! I went with the theory it is rock wool. Pulled it all out and who ever put it in sprayed the old tar undercoating on and stuck the insulation to it before it dried. I'm just going to sand blast it and be done with it.

I worked on the door jamb some.

Attachments

• IMG-3144.jpg
    IMG-3144.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG-3146.jpg
    IMG-3146.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts

Back