Questions Rat rod with no title HELP!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well im planning on buying a 23 model a coupe and i have been scanning the net and ive read a few things saying model a cars dont have a vin number they just had a number on the motor... also ive read that in Kansas if the car is older than like 48 you dont need a title just a bill of sale.....is this true?

Just a clarification, Model A's began production in 1928.
As already stated, get a title BEFORE you even turn a wrench. I know in KS it's not so bad but here in CA it's the first commandment!!

want ad

I have done several titles for other friends and here in TX you want a original title or if you go with the assembled title it has to have all the pollution required for the current yr built. place a ad on CL or look on ebay,go to swap meets there are plenty of those still around.

Mr 42Chevy - can you elaborate on what it took to title you car in OR please? I have a 1918 that I've worked on for years, but never tried to title. I don't have a frame with VIN number and the body has no VIN. What's my best path forward?

For my 27 I went the homebuilt title route.
Thank god we don't have emmisions testing here.
To get my title I had a receipt for every single part including steel ,nuts and bolts.
Actually I made a build log
On one page would be a photo of the part and on the facing page was the receipt for it.
The lady at the DMV told me that I did it exactly the right way to make it easy to title my car.

It took me 30 minutes total to get my vin and license plates .
She even let me pick where my vin went.

Need title

Just got a 30 model-A truck,the guy just had a registration from conn. And tag. But I'm in fl,now what to do

Oregon title

Oregon is easy, take your car/ truck and frame to the DMV and get them to assign a Vin for $8. The they will give you a title for another $160. If it's earlier than 1949 you can call it a street rod and have whatever plates you want.

Done it a couple times now, 2 hrs of your life you'll never get back.

Kurt

What all is required to title a rat rod in Tennessee without vin plate or title. I'm building double z frame and will have all receipts. It a 47 truck cab.

Oregon is easy, take your car/ truck and frame to the DMV and get them to assign a Vin for $8. The they will give you a title for another $160. If it's earlier than 1949 you can call it a street rod and have whatever plates you want.

Done it a couple times now, 2 hrs of your life you'll never get back.

Kurt
I hope it works that well for me. I sent you an e-mail.

Latest posts

Back