Papers and vin plate 1950 f1

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E$rnie Pintor III

I have a 1950 f1 truck that was totaled in an accident. I have the license plates and vin tag. Have regerstraytion and pink slip. What do I do with it? I wonder if I can sell it? What's it worth?

Papers for sale? Yes. Legal? Not really. The ones for sale are usually not in the actual seller's name, which is why they stress the "historical document" aspect of the transaction. It's a slippery slope to all sorts of shady activity. Best to not let the paper trail end with your name on it, yes?

Not worth it for a few bucks IMO...

BED is correct....

Papers for sale? Yes. Legal? Not really. The ones for sale are usually not in the actual seller's name, which is why they stress the "historical document" aspect of the transaction. It's a slippery slope to all sorts of shady activity. Best to not let the paper trail end with your name on it, yes?

Not worth it for a few bucks IMO...

That paperwork is not intended to be used to "legally" title a vehicle....have they, yes...should they NO.....but there are so many other avenues to travel to get it titled...properly.... as for that vin plate and reg....useless...as they said, a felony waiting to happen if you use it....JMHO

the first lesson you learn is the DMV or SOS or..

Crazy! Dmv wants 1500 if I'm gonna part it out.

whatever your state calls it is just there to make money....they couldn't care less about anything else....as long as you got the money, they can help you out of it....fee's, fines, responsibility fee's, late fee's, On line fee's, reinstatement fee's, then there's the penalties imposed on your getting plates for any of your cars for getting a DUI....assessment fee's if you've driven with a suspended license....I could go on and on....and don't even get me started on the stupid crazy new gun registration and CCW or CPL laws....I'd like to know who thinks some of this crap up..... Sorry...I'm done....by the way...I'm only talking about Michigan.....:eek:

Crazy! Dmv wants 1500 if I'm gonna part it out.
Another reason I'm glad I left Cali when I did.

If you still have the remains of the truck, just sell it with the title. Or at least enough of it to make it legal. Cab and chassis, maybe.

I suspect that if you call the DMV again and talk to a different person you will get a different story. Repeat as needed. Keep records on what and who tells you what you want to hear.

I've been sitting on a California title to a '41 Ford coupe since the 70s. Im too chicken to try to sell it. :cool:

Latest posts

Back