Rat City Rukus April 20-19

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

36Binder

Anybody going?
I went a few years ago to spectate. I'm hoping to get my 36 done enough to take it.
Its 430 miles away so I'm trailering my truck. So I'm wondering about trailer parking. I got a room reserved at the Stratosphere.

AZ Rat Rod Addiction is going as a group cruise. 300 miles there from Phoenix.
I don't know if i want to drive that far on the weekend seeing that i drive 400 miles a day m-f in an end dump. I would have to ride by myself too because no one else will want to ride that long in the '42 :rolleyes:
Probably 8literbeater (Jess) and i will just fly in there in his little plane. 90 mph, not much quicker :rolleyes:
Sure would like to meet up with you and anybody else from the board.

Pretty sure my neighbor (mile away) will go again. Look for a BIG rat truck. Ask for Roger. I'll have to content myself with You Tube videos of it.

Pretty sure my neighbor (mile away) will go again. Look for a BIG rat truck. Ask for Roger. I'll have to content myself with You Tube videos of it.

Big rat truck? You might actually have to be more specific, usually the Welderup guys go to RCR. Is it bigger than their trucks?

AZ Rat Rod Addiction is going as a group cruise. 300 miles there from Phoenix.
I don't know if i want to drive that far on the weekend seeing that i drive 400 miles a day m-f in an end dump. I would have to ride by myself too because no one else will want to ride that long in the '42 :rolleyes:
Probably 8literbeater (Jess) and i will just fly in there in his little plane. 90 mph, not much quicker :rolleyes:
Sure would like to meet up with you and anybody else from the board.

Yea, I look forward to meeting you and and anyone else from here that goes.
I just got my new tires on tonight. So you what truck to look for.
Still a lot of work to do.

Attachments

• 20190307_232219.jpg
    20190307_232219.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 20
I went down and put tags on my truck today. Personal plates are on order. Here is a couple updated pics in case you don't follow my build thread.
I still got a few things to do but it's a runner and driver

Attachments

• 20190409_121455.jpg
    20190409_121455.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190409_121432.jpg
    20190409_121432.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 14
For the people that have been to this show, does the Stratosphere have trailer parking? I'm coming in 425 miles so it's a trailer for me. I seen a short video online of a bunch of Rats parked in a line, but not at the Show. Does anyone know if there is a good parking spot for Rats like on Thursday and Friday?

Just trying to plan ahead and see what I can find out ahead of time.
Thanks

It was an awesome show. Then on Sunday I went to my two favorite places to visit when I'm in the Vegas. But In-n-Out was closed for the Holiday.

Rat Rod Addiction is a large group. Wasn't sure who to look for. I did talk to a couple guys with their shirts.

Attachments

• 20190420_093257.jpg
    20190420_093257.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 12
  • 20190421_114155.jpg
    20190421_114155.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190421_140215.jpg
    20190421_140215.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 17
In and out

WHAT A GREAT SHOW. THE PEOPLE THERE VERY NICE BUT NEXT YEAR I'LL MAKE IT AN OVERNITER IN STEAD OF ONE DAY OF DRIVE SHOW DRIVE...OR AS I CALL IT AN (IN AND OUT) oh yes I did stop at IN AND OUT on the way home that nite.

I am bumping this to the top.
I have been focused on building my Stumpy truck with the goal of making it to this show April 3 this year. Well previously when I looked at their website, it said waiting on event permits. Yesterday it said Cancelled. My heart sank a little bit but I said "screw it, I'm still taking Stumpy to Vegas for Easter".
I may be the only guy sitting in the Strat parking lot in a Rat Rod, but I'm going, or at least hope to.
I'll probably drive by the Welderup Shop also.

Latest posts

Back