Score!!!!! Score!!!!! Score!!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago a friend and I discovered a building full of guages, handles and other small old car parts. The owner used to have a junkyard and this was all he had left. He would charge us $20 a pickup load for the stuff. We would make at least a $1,000 on a load. After a couple visits, I told him that he wasn't charging enough and we were making a lot of money. He said he was 85 years old and nobody around there wanted any of his stuff. That we were doing him a favor so he didn't have to pay to have it hauled away. After that, I didn't have to feel guilty.

Really good question. When I bout some old cars at an auction once, the previous owner helped me load each one with a rented skid steer he was using to clean up his property. He offered me a set of tires that did not sell, for $20 bucks. I passed on them. He ran his skid steer for a long time getting his old car loaded on my trailer, so I offered him $20 bucks for his fuel.
He said no thanks, he was glad to do it. I said, okay then how about I buy those old tires then.
I had gotten a good deal on his old cars, he loaded them on my trailer, and I felt like the deal I got was too good. So I still have 4 tires i don't need but they were worth it.

I have been a "horse trader" for most of my life. Anyone can tell you the best deals are when the buyer and the seller both walk away happy.

I recently had a vehicle given to me that netted me close to a grand. The rancher stopped his busy day to load me up and was very graciuos. I am thinking of going back out there and offering him some money. Just good karma I think.

Latest posts

Back