Look what I found today

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleyboy

Never to old to have a happy childhood
I was at a friends today and I was rumaging through his woods and found a 39 Dodge truck cab and front end. The cab is very bad but the grill is so cool. I would love to have it and save it for a future project. He said that he wanted $400. for the all of it. I think that's a little high since the cab is in such bad condition. No floor at all and the hinges on the doors are rusted shut. When I tried to open the drivers door the panel in front of the door started to bend. Also my wife will kill me if I bring anything else home. The cab looks like a half ton but the grill and front fenders look like a ton truck. Harleyboy
IMG_1025.jpg

IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/harleyboy52/IMG_1022.jpg[/IMG]
IMG_1021.jpg

IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e118/harleyboy52/IMG_1019.jpg[/IMG]

Frame

I really didn't check the frame out. I think he said that it was from a big Chevy car. I don't know if the frame went with it but it probably did. I was really interested in the grill. HB

Hey, that was sarcasm, and you know it. What I was really thinking is: it is too bad the front clip is not as rusty as that great looking cab.

Rust is only relitive to were you live I just picked up (before the snow flew) a39 Fargo and a 47 dodge truck the Fargo is a 39 and the dodge a 4os got the both for $200 but around here finding any floor is finding a good floor.

the price dosn't sound terrible if the cab is usable with some work. dosn't sound fantastic either. I have to admit though, those front ends rank up in my favorites. i just love the way they look.

I know!!!

What I was really thinking is: it is too bad the front clip is not as rusty as that great looking cab.

Bonehead... I know u were kiddin'... I seen some of u're other cars!!! ; - >

Yeah... mine's sorta the same way!!! Center piece is pretty good but fenders r pretty thin & around the headlites is almost nonexistent. My cab needs really work but it's gonna b a rust rod!!!I just love the look of that grill!!!

BoB

Man, in my area that is an awsome find. I wish I could find that much to work with.

Latest posts

Back