41 Caddy project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleyboy

Never to old to have a happy childhood
Well, I finally got around to taking pics of the 41 Caddy that a lady gave me today. I think it's gonna make a fine "Rat". The interior is rat (real ones) eaten, but it's all there. The rear fenders are gone and that's a good thing. When I opened the hood I smiled because there was a big old flatty sitting in there. I didn't know that Caddy put a flathead in their cars. I think I have seen a Caddy straight 8 but never a flathead. This was a parts car for a running and in great shape 41 Caddy. Her husband had a parts car for everything he had. There is a Nash Rambler sitting in front of in that I'm probably gonna have to pull home so it will be out of the way. I can already see the Caddy with no fenders or hood with that flathead sitting in there, channeled down real low. As it sits right now it doesn't look like it needs to be chopped because it's a fastback. I'm excited, but it will probably be a year or two before I can work on it. I have to finish my 50 Chevy truck first. I'll also post pics of the other projects just waiting. Harleyboy
IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1192.jpg

And I got some wheels for a project also. These have been inside and the tires look like new. I'm suprised that the rubber isn't dryrotted.
IMG_1199-1.jpg

Caddy is gonna make you a really nice cruiser. You don't see these around very often. One problem, when I see pictures like you posted two things come to mind.............snakes and black widow spiders!! :eek: When I lived in NC I traded a guy some chrome rims for a set of Dodge Lancer hubcaps he had. I was cleaning them up and when I flipped one over there was a big ole black widow sitting inside! :eek: Needless to say, that hubcap got dented when I dropped it. :eek:

Keep us posted on your build as it goes, looks like fun. :)

Don

I found this on a Cadillac web site
"Another way you could tell was to select a gear - any gear - and accelerate. The Cadillac could out-accelerate and outrun almost any American car, and it could make the performance of the highly-touted Ford V-8 look asthmatic. The Cadillac's smoothness was as uncanny as its seemingly endless speed. Most flathead engines idle quietly enough to bring a smile to the face of any old-time mechanic, but the side-valve Cadillac was built with unmatched quality and care, and it was the first car to use modern hydraulic valve lifters set down inside the block. Those engines were SILENT. In fact, longtime NSW Club member Bill Spraggon used to say of his '39 Cadillac that you had to stick your finger into the fan to see if the engine was running."

Here is a 41 Caddy Flatty like mine could be with a lot of $$$$$$.

41engCaddyFlatty.jpg

Sweet Cad!!!

I'm suprised that the rubber isn't dryrotted.

HB,
Love that Caddy & lots of other kool stuff there. One reason for no dry rot can also be... that is "real" rubber!!! Keep us in the loop with that Cad... u lucky dog!!! Also saw that lil Crosley in there too!!!

BoB

That Crosley is the parts car for the one that I pulled out of the barn. It was a convertable and the one that I rescued was a hard top. The parts car has a neat little spare on the back. Here is the rescued one. HB
IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

Parts car
IMG_1187.jpg

That Caddy will be a real nice cruiser. Look forward to the build. I see quite a few neat possiblities in those pics,HB.

Latest posts

Back