50 Chevy Shop Truck Back in the Game

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleyboy

Never to old to have a happy childhood
I started this build in 07/08 and lost interest. I've loved rats since I saw the first one. I needed a lot of help and someone to keep me on track. I'm back with a vengeance. I bought a frame that a friend built for a Fairlane project that didn't work out. I have a thread on here about chopping the top. I'll start from where I'm at now and post as it progresses. This new frame is LOW maybe to low but that's what I want. It has a narrowed Ford 9" rear with 373 gears. Littles on the front and big Mickey Thompsons on the rear. In the pictures the cab is hanging over the frame and the motor is just sitting on it. I really want to move the front end forward about 8" because I'm not planning to run fenders or hood.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 81
We got a lot done today.

We started out by removing the braces where the frame is zed. I will put them back in but I wanted the cab and engine moved farther back so the front wheels were out in front of the engine. I didn't want to cut into the back of the cab until I knew if that was where I wanted it to sit. We cut out some of the rotten floor and trimmed the firewall to go over the bell housing. We wanted to see how the bed was going to look so we took the old bed apart and cut it down to size. I think I'm going to cut the tailgate down and weld it on solid. The bed is just the right width that I can cut both sides off the tailgate and keep Chevrolet on it. Next week I hope to get the cab floor made cab and engine mounts made and installed, weld the bed together and make the bed floor. I'm happy with the progress we made today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back