Score!!!!! Score!!!!! Score!!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleyboy

Never to old to have a happy childhood
I check Craigslist 3 times a day looking for deals. Several days ago I saw a 32 or 33 Ford grill listed for $35.00. My heart stopped for a few seconds. I emailed him and told him to call me and I'd tell him which one it was and that I wanted to buy it. He called me back and said that it was kinda rusty and described a 32 grill. My heart stopped again. He didn't want me to drive the 60 miles to go get it and then be disapointed when I saw it. I asked him if he would take it off Craigslist and consider it sold to me and he said yes. I wanted to go right then so I'd make sure that I got it but he said that we would get together in a week or two. I had to go to Wilmington today and called him to meet me. I was scared that he would say that he had sold it to someone else but we met and I cheerfully handed over my $35. and got my new old grill. He had had it for 50 years just hauling it around with him. It's perfect. I'm so happy. His kinda rusty description wasn't even surface rust although there is a small spot on the bottom rusted thru. The grill vanes are perfect not a one bent. Did I say I'm happy, well I am. Harleyboy
IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

Thanks guys. I would feel real guilty if I just bought it to resale, but I'm probably going to use it on the 41 CaddyRat. Harleyboy

Hey Gas, I thought it was a little larger than it should be and I was going to hold it up to my Model A's grill and see, but I forgot to. Darn, I guess I'll have to send it to Bonehead now. Just my luck. Harleyboy

Wow, good things REALLY do happen to nice people!! :):) Son, you better go out and buy a lottery ticket this week, you are one lucky son of a gun. :D

I'm so happy for you........envious, but happy. :)

Don

I am lucky aren't I. I still can't quit smiling. In my previous life I use to make my living or most of it gambling on the golf course and playing poker. I always thought of myself as a smart gambler and never took a bad bet. I also played the Lottery in other states since N. C. didn't have it until about a year ago. I read on the back of a ticket that the odds were 350,000,000 to one and I quit buying them. I wanted to know how a Christians take on the lottery was so I asked a preacher friend of mine what he thought about buying lottery tickets and he has a novel and funny come back. He said " The devil has had that money long enough. It's time that we got a hold of it." I still don't buy them because of the odds, but I could do a lot of good with all that money. Anyway I used up all my luck today. Harleyboy PS it's really not luck it's blessings.

Unless you need the money, I wouldn't sell it. I would keep it Harleyboy. It's a really cool piece and you don't have much invested in it.

Nice, you stole that for sure!
The guy obviously didn’t know what he had.
I’ll give you $100 and another ’32 truck grille that isn’t quite that nice :D.

HOLLY HECKABOB !!!! You lucky %&^%&^%$# LOL. I guess there are a few good deals still left out there. Great snag dude.

So how good does a deal have to get before you (we, me) feel any twinge of guilt for the old uninformed seller who just gave away a sizable chunk of cash unknowingly?

Really good question. When I bout some old cars at an auction once, the previous owner helped me load each one with a rented skid steer he was using to clean up his property. He offered me a set of tires that did not sell, for $20 bucks. I passed on them. He ran his skid steer for a long time getting his old car loaded on my trailer, so I offered him $20 bucks for his fuel.
He said no thanks, he was glad to do it. I said, okay then how about I buy those old tires then.
I had gotten a good deal on his old cars, he loaded them on my trailer, and I felt like the deal I got was too good. So I still have 4 tires i don't need but they were worth it.

I have been a "horse trader" for most of my life. Anyone can tell you the best deals are when the buyer and the seller both walk away happy.

Latest posts

Back