1937 Packard 115 coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gorgeous... I love what you did with the factory shape of the body [cl
The front bumper however, looks a bit out of place down there ihmo...

With the bottom of the grille shell being so low, I bet it looks much better in person as it's kind of tough to see how it looks in pictures from those angles.

attachment.php
attachment.php
With the bottom of the grille shell being so low, I bet it looks much better in person as it's kind of tough to see how it looks in pictures from those angles.

The bumper brackets are loose so the bumper is hanging down about an inch so though its hard to tell from the pics, the bottom of the front bumper is the same height off the floor as the front corner of the running board where it meets the front fender.
The final position will look pretty much like it did on my 36.

Attachments

• IMG_1709.JPG
    IMG_1709.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC00819 - Copy.jpg
    DSC00819 - Copy.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 108
Well, never made it to Arizona, the wife was not up to the stress of the road trip - there's always next winter...Having so much fun shoveling snow, forgot how much I hated it, going down to -20 tomorrow!
Oh well, guess I can get more done on the Packard :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1724.JPG
    IMG_1724.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 78
Thanks guys, my wife is getting better, too bad we have to be here for the most snow we've had in years, -20 outside right now :eek:
Yep, I'll just keep puttering along, sorting out a bunch of little things, hope to have most of the fab work done by summer.

Got a few things done, installed a recored original 37 rad from the owners parts stash, had the lower outlet changed to mate up to the Ford 302 drivers side pump intake and had the filler neck changed to take a pressure cap, probably 4 or 5lb only since these old rads tanks were never meant to be pressurized. I also made a new higher mount for the power steering pump since it hung way out to the side, trimmed the inner fenders to fit the shape of the frame rails and installed them, the pass side needed a bubble hammered in it to clear the alternator. A 17" flex fan fits in nicely, now I need to make a fan shroud.

attachment.php

Mounted a Vintage Air heat/defrost unit to the firewall

attachment.php

Using a front shroud from a '40 Packard heater, made a shroud to cover that modern looking plastic heater and mounted it in front. Defrost hoses come out the top.

attachment.php

Viewed from a normal seated position, the uglyness is hidden, the doors can be opened to direct heat like a stock unit.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1733.JPG
    IMG_1733.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1734.JPG
    IMG_1734.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1735.JPG
    IMG_1735.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1738.JPG