fun daydream

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthman

Fascinated by rolling objects!
Tempe AZ on the corner of Oak and Southern
Bob W. posted this on the Craigs/Ebay thread. For sale in MN for $2000.
I am enjoying a daydream about RRR/UDS buying this and building it in a joint effort. Gofundme account and other fundraising schemes then perhaps once aquired, trailering it from one members shop to another for volunteered labor on the various steps of the building process. If anyone wants to play along with their imagined posabilities about how this could work please post. We can dream right?
What would be your suggestions for the modifications made to it?

I agree with skull on the pro touring chassis (low with coilovers), but I'd stick with a carbureted big block (of GM origin), and do bright red and white on the inside. Leave the outside alone.

[ddd

If it was mine, and following e-man's concept, I'd send it to Torchie for a 1" to 2" chop, then off to Old Iron for a frame, on to Falconvan for suspension. Western Canada with MinterFab and Doc is the place to get the driveline installed and all the plumbing done right. From out east jfg455 would supply one of his turbo LS engines and an OD trans, then down Florida way for some wiring perfection by Donsrods. Bonehead would make a custom steering wheel and a skull shift knob.

Any ideas on where it should go next?

Bob has thought this out thoroughly :) So might as well have it's own trailer to transport it around the country. Would be seriously enjoyable to see the build fotos coming in! :cool: As far as where to go next we don't know what the floors look like. May need sheet metal replacement.

This is the only "broadside" image I could find for the subject...

attachment.php

Roughly chopped and dropped with some more tire in the rear...

attachment.php

Since we're dreaming, send the project to Old Iron for a blown mid-engine 392 Hemi. You have to keep the windows for this version of "Hemi Under Glass".

Attachments

• 39 dodge ambulance - Copy (2).jpg
    39 dodge ambulance - Copy (2).jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 39 dodge ambulance - Copy.jpg
    39 dodge ambulance - Copy.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 48
If it was mine, and following e-man's concept, I'd send it to Torchie for a 1" to 2" chop, then off to Old Iron for a frame, on to Falconvan for suspension. Western Canada with MinterFab and Doc is the place to get the driveline installed and all the plumbing done right. From out east jfg455 would supply one of his turbo LS engines and an OD trans, then down Florida way for some wiring perfection by Donsrods. Bonehead would make a custom steering wheel and a skull shift knob.

Any ideas on where it should go next?

I'm honored to be included in bob's list.:) But I'm thinking more like a 3" chop like Crank posted.
Anybody on here do stitch work?
It's got to have a full blown interior.
[P [P [P
Torchie

I agree torchie, Dr. C, the design consultant says 3" off the top. So be it.

If I had my druthers, it would go across the pond to get a world class floor and wheel wells done by none other than dutch. Then on to zzrodder's place north of the border. He does great paint jobs in his garage.

Before paint, who should we burden with bodywork???

Like earthman stated, who'll step up and do an interior?

We'll all meet at Tripper's estate for a giant assembly party. Tripper provides the Lone Star long necks, I'll bring some Jim Beam Honey flavored hooch, also lefse and lutefisk.

What food or drink specialties will we get from different areas?

Since we're putting it together in Tejas, We'll show it off at the Lone Star Round Up.

Wow, quite a project. Trouble is, someone else bought it.:confused:

Since you have shipped it up to ZZrodder you might as well have him re-contour the door opening. The sharp corners need to go.. you know since we are dreaming....

Since you have shipped it up to ZZrodder you might as well have him re-contour the door opening. The sharp corners need to go.. you know since we are dreaming....

Yes, while he has it, might as well relocate the headlights and make other mods only zz would think of and pull off with great skill.

I like the door sill six inches above bottom of the body. Always thought that would be a nifty modification on a custom. Thanks for that Doc.

Perfect for a deep channel... no big, ugly step when you open the door. ;)

I'm honored to be included in bob's list.

So am I. Thanks, bob!

If I had my druthers, it would go across the pond to get a world class floor and wheel wells done by none other than dutch. Then on to zzrodder's place north of the border. He does great paint jobs in his garage.

Agreed and agreed again... hope everybody likes black!

What food or drink specialties will we get from different areas?

I'd have to surrender my citizenship if I didn't bring a keg of beer.... food, I'd have to think about. [S :D

hi, my name skull, been 3 weeks

hi, my name skull,

it has been 3 weeks since l drug a vehicle or parts home, feeling withdraws and was glad about the day dream, bring something home, work on it, it leaves to the next stop in the process, but now that it is raining to much and no room in the shop the dream for me helping if it needed floors is gone and the hopelessness is setting in, how will l get thru the hard times now with nothing to look foreward too.

Later :rolleyes:

Last edited:
hi, my name skull,

it has been 3 weeks since l drug a vehicle or parts home, feeling withdraws and was glad about the day dream, bring something home, work on it, it leaves to the next stop in the process, but now that it is raining to much and no room in the shop the dream for me helping if it needed floors is gone and the hopelessness is setting in, how will l get thru the hard times now with nothing to look foreward too.

Later :rolleyes:

I have a nice warm shop and help is always wanted!!

Come join!

Latest posts

Back