1933 Pontiac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!!

To make that smooth transition from the original rear door to the rear window, did you use sections from the parts car rear doors? It looks like you have patches in there. It looks perfect!
The upper patches are from the rear door window frames from the project car and the lower patches came from the rear doors from the parts car.
There wasn't enough material from the doors of the original car.

Body is looking good. Opinions are just that. In reality you are building the car for you and not us. And some of us have been proven wrong before so we all wait and watch it come together. [cl[P

Then put half the hood on for a photo op :D

55.jpg

It looks great. ...very factory-like proportions

[cl

[cl

[cl

[cl

[cl

[P

I got the roof all welded in and moved the body away from the lift.

54.jpg

Then put half the hood on for a photo op :D

55.jpg

I know there are different opinions and I respect them all however, I'm won't be chopping the roof or extending the front doors.

Kudos. The proportions are perfect as is. Just cause it's a hot rod doesn't mean you have to chop it.:cool:

Regards,
Shea:)

Thanks everyone
I'm gonna give up a little more. The color that I'm gonna paint the car is Candy Apple Persimmon.
This was the color of John Mazmanian's 61 Vette drag car.
I found this in Street Thunder magazine after his death and it's been on the wall in my shop since.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Mazmainian Vette.jpg
    Mazmainian Vette.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 250
Old Iron , awesome ride u are building I dig where u are going. I have to have a 32 Ford 3 window this is my favorite car of all times... Nice build hope it all falls in place for u...

Thanks everyone
Been having to do somethings to produce income so, haven't worked on the 33 for a few days.
I did move the rotisserie in the shop this afternoon. I'm gonna put pneumatic swivel tires on it then, it will be easier to move around on my gravel drive.
I'll mount the body on it and start installing the floorboards.

Well I have a little more done on the 33. I didn't put the floorboards in yet.
The cowl section on the black car showed some rust thru areas after some stripping so I cut the cowl off the parts car.
This is the areas that are bad, passenger side A pillar windshield lower seal and the air intake was rusted.

49-1.jpg

I removed all of these at the firewall to save time and this is the section cut from the parts car

46.jpg

I cut the bad area from the build car

56.jpg

57.jpg

Then welded in the replacement piece and ground the welds

58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

I didn't show where I was fitting, welding and grinding, to save y'all from bored.
Next will be the floorboard.

Latest posts

Back