Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with the crew, you got a really good deal
If you only had one more tire like that you'd have a pair of slicks[ddd
[P[P[P

attachment.php

Thanks gang. I’m happy with what I got.
I might get out to really look at the frame today. Spent most of last night dreaming about all those screws. More like a nightmare. 🙀
I’m also thinking about what kind of yard art I can make with all of the tire irons😎
Torchie

Kind of back to bouncing back and forth between the 2 projects.:)
After a few hours spent on the boat I decided to try to get a better look at the frame. I didn't drag a floor jack out there I just got down on the ground and looked around as best I could.
Looks like the OG color is Maroon.:cool:
As far as I can see on The PS the frame rail looks intact. Just a lot of surface rust.No hole that I could see or feel. I couldn't get to the top side so that is just the sides and bottom of the rails.
One body mount rotted away.
These frames are boxed so there is a factory seam along the under side that is sort of welded up.:eek:
That brace going across the rear by the gas tank is shot but so was the one on my other frame. That can be easily fabricated.
The front cross member looked better then my other one as well.
Some one torched off the rear bumper brackets. I have the ones from mine.:cool:
So at this point i'm cautiously optimistic.........
I can only do so much getting up of the ground so the DS inspection will have to wait until tomorrow.
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 10
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 2-11.jpg
    2-11.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 2-12.jpg
    2-12.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 2-13.jpg
    2-13.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 13
It looks like I'm putting all my eggs in one basket.:eek:
I talked to my friend that hauled the donor Dodge home to me .
He said that the one rust spot he spoke of was on the side of the DS frame rail. And it looked like it could be repaired. I will go with this frame and make repairs as needed.
So I sent the Olds down the road today. I don't want or need t have a bunch of stuff I'm never going to use clutter up the place.
Hopefully the next move will be to get both vehicles into the shop.
Torchie.

Attachments

• 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 9
Did you keep the engine out of the Olds or are you going to use the one in the new parts car Torchie?

I sold the SBC with the Olds, Bama.
I would like to run the 230 flathead 6 if possible. They had also been a few Mopar LA engines for sale around here.
I would like to go all Mopar if possible.
Torchie

I sold the SBC with the Olds, Bama.
I would like to run the 230 flathead 6 if possible. They had also been a few Mopar LA engines for sale around here.
I would like to go all Mopar if possible.
Torchie

Nothing wrong with that. I like the sound of a straight six with a split manifold. Customs are supposed to be low and slow anyway!
Hopefully that one will turn out to be good for you.

Me too ,Bama😎😎😎😎
There are some speed parts out there for the 230. They are making new dual carb setups but aluminum heads are few and far between it seems.
It seems that one of the ways to wake up one of these is to run a marine cam in it. I’ll have to look into that.
Torchie

Got a message from the guy that bought the Olds.
He got it started and it runs well.:cool:
Where I live I wouldn't be surprised to see it rolling down the road with no front sheet metal on it.:eek: :p [ddd :D
Glad it's working out for him.
Torchie

Getting back to the Dodge.
Picked up some more trim parts.
FULL outer windshield stainless WITH the upper and lower cover pieces that fit at the ends of the center bar. My parts car didn't have these. and many sets that I have seen for sale are missing them as well.
You can see that the center bar on these is pot metal I may just black it out or paint it the body color?????.
Drivers side rocker panel trim.
The trick with these is to know the length as Dodge had 2 different wheel bases that year. This is the longest.
Now I'm on the hunt for the PS.
Torchie

Attachments

• s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 18
  • s-l1600-1.jpg
    s-l1600-1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 16
The elusive windshield trim! [cl

Pot metals can be cleaned and polished. Otherwise, I'd black it out or paint it body color... depending, of course, on the body color. (???)

The elusive windshield trim! [cl

Pot metals can be cleaned and polished. Otherwise, I'd black it out or paint it body color... depending, of course, on the body color. (???)

Elusive for sure Doc. I’ve been watching since I got the car and the few times they have popped up on e bay they were neither missing the seam covers or the center bar or if they weren’t they were priced at more than I paid for the car.
I will try to polish one of the center bars I have. Which ever is the least pitted.
I suspect that I will go with it blacked out although I suppose I could do a butt joint on the glass as well although at times I think that looks a bit street rodderish.
My plan for the colors is to duplicate the colors that were on the out board motors that I restored when I was building the truck. They were 1957 Johnson Javalin's so it would be a color from the build era that I am shooting for.
Sort of a butterscotch gold with a off white interior and possibly a black roof. Black dash and interior garnish moldings as well.
Nothing is set in stone yet, I just want to get back to working on it.
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 18
I remember you mentioned that color combo somewhere in the early stages of the project. I still think that would be an awesome choice :cool: please do write it in stone [cl

Latest posts

Back