ebay frame?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Deal Old Gold

That a great price for a frame. Even if you had to modify it a liitle to make it work. He has 100% positive on 18 sells and that's good.

yep.. it's complete junk. the welds are terrible it was twisted and diamond.
i gave 800.00 for it and had to take it apart and correct everything..i called the guy about it and he wouldnt do anything he stop talking to me..:mad:
If you bought it on Ebay like you said, then why does he still have a 100% posative sellers rating? :confused: Would seem to me if I bought an $800 turd, at a MINIMUM, he would have a negative from me.

Cheyenne has hit on a really important point.........you seldom can buy an off the rack frame and have it work well for you. The frame has to be tailored to the type and style of car you are building. Using a "universal" frame rarely gives your car the final look you are after.

I have to say I am not impressed with the looks of the one posted from Ebay. It has no taper to it and the rails are a consistent width through the front horns. These need to be tapered to look good, his look to bulky too me. Also, without serious crossmembers this thing is going to twist like a pretzel.

Don

well fellas im building a 31 chevy 5 window coupe, i picked it up for 100 bux and i got a bunch of other stuff for free (tubing/rear/motor) im borrowing a welder to do the light body work welding. i ordered a frame from pepe de armas of all american hot rod, gave him all the dimensions of the body and he is tailoring the frame for what i wanna do. ill keep you guys posted!

lrg-4-img_4225.jpg

lrg-5-img_4226.jpg

well fellas im building a 31 chevy 5 window coupe, i picked it up for 100 bux and i got a bunch of other stuff for free (tubing/rear/motor) im borrowing a welder to do the light body work welding. i ordered a frame from pepe de armas of all american hot rod, gave him all the dimensions of the body and he is tailoring the frame for what i wanna do. ill keep you guys posted!

lrg-4-img_4225.jpg

lrg-5-img_4226.jpg

Well ,best of luck with that,,custom built frame means you have some $$ so,,personally I would think getting a stock frame then modifying it to suit your needs would be less expensive and practical as you have the body there to make sure everything lines up. But it's your build,,will keep an eye out on the progress

Love that body!

Kid,
I love that body & that was an absolute steal! Any plans to lower the top? Looks like it's begging for it.

Rattler

buy one..
No thanks, I actually BUILD them. All I was asking was if you bought a piece of crap frame from him on Ebay, then why not leave a negative to warn other rodders that they aren't any good so they don't waste their time/money buying one?????????? But thanks for your FANTASTIC reply of "buy one", must have taken hours to come up with that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back