air shocks

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1968Canam

There is a guy in Reno Nevada that builds a lot of rat rods and he use's Gabriel air shocks for his only suspension in the rear. He likes it very well and says they ride better than coil-overs. He gets them from Auto_Zone for $80 a pair. If you get the ones for a Dodge Pickup (77-94), you have almost 11 inches of travel. I see little air pumps in a lot of Cads at Pick and Pull that they use for their air ride suspension. Any one use this in their rat rod? I know that my pickup won't be over 1000 lbs. in the rear. Any thoughts?

Thanks Don

I used a pair of those on the back of my 46 Chevy truck. New leafs too but the air shocks do some of the work and seem to be fine.

I heard that they just wont last long being used for the spring. A light car would help. They are cheap and they have a lot of them.:D

Leaf springs or coil springs, they work with either one. They aren't even close to being strong enough to hold a whole car up by themselves over an extended period of time - they are a supplement to your regular springs only...

Latest posts

Back