Jeep Engine Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice work! I like how it looks all in one color :cool:

looks like you have a fuel problem to solve already... :p

Yes dutch, it will be a very long runner manifold.:D
I popped the head on and measured for pushrod length. Since the rocker arms are not adjustable the way to get the preload correct is to use proper length pushrods. I have a reground cam and about .040" was milled off the block so the stock pushrods are too long.

A call to Smith Brothers in Bend, Oregon along with my credit card number remedied the situation. Custom length pushrods should be here in a couple days. I recommend Smith Brothers for their quality and quick service. You pay for it though.

Back at it.

Now that the dragster trailer is done I have returned to the Crosley. Slowly putting the Jeep engine together. The head in on. Somehow I screwed up the pushrod length. My Smith Brothers pushrods are too short. The stock ones seem about right so I put them in along with the rocker arms.

Here's what's left of the original dragster trailer. Ready to make its last trip. to the scrap yard.

Attachments

• 4 liter 001.jpg
    4 liter 001.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 4 liter 002.jpg
    4 liter 002.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 4 liter 003.jpg
    4 liter 003.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 35
Thank you, oh quiet one. Nice to hear from you.

I am aware of the rockers but was thinking Phase II of the build. If the present set up seems wrong, I'd be better off getting the rockers rather than another set of custom made push rods.

Slowly getting her all together. I've arranged everything so the car can be run without the body. Could even make a flip up body if I want to. Picked up this 350 trans for fiddy bucks and an Edelbrock carb for free for a future project.

Attachments

• more done 001.jpg
    more done 001.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 22
  • more done 002.jpg
    more done 002.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 18
  • more done 003.jpg
    more done 003.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 20
  • more done 004.jpg
    more done 004.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 21
I'd Love to hear that one run. [P[P

I would too, Glen. [dr If I knew how to transfer video I would have some stuff to show you guys.

I've got the Bantam about 2 hours away from running too. So things are slowly coming together.

I took my truckload of scrap metal in to the yard and got 80 bucks for the metal. I went into the office because that was way too much. She told me the yard guys know what they are doing so I didn't argue.

It was time to drag the body out of its resting place and wash a year's worth of dust off of it. Got a few mods to make and probably a fresh coat of John Deere Yellow. Will paint the inside too so it isn't so dreary.
I haven't mounted a tire by hand in a hunnert years. But out came the antique tire irons and the soap and after applying a bunch of different MMA holds on it the cycle tire finally went on the 16" Anglia rim. Still holding air after several hours.

I look into that, Bama

Attachments

• body out 001.jpg
    body out 001.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 27
  • body out 003.jpg
    body out 003.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Wow!
I had some fleeting moments of thought about mounting my tires by hand.
Then My Heart, Back and hips joined in with the rest of my body to say. "Hell No.":eek::D
Good for you bob.[cl [cl
[P [P [P
Torchie

Torchie, mounting is the easy part, breaking down the old tires is what gets ya! That’s why I jumped on that tire machine I bought when I got the chance. With the air powered bead breaker, half the hard work becomes easy! Much better than the sledgehammer and tire wedges!:D:D:D

I’ve seen a few tire machines for sale around me , Bama. No room
In the shop though. I don’t need tires mounted often and my local town has a good shop. When I dropped off the 2 tires and rims the tech unloaded them for me and said, “ looks like Coker tires by the way they are wrapped.”😳
He obviously knows his business.
$10 per tire to mount them.
Torchie

I’ve seen a few tire machines for sale around me , Bama. No room
In the shop though. I don’t need tires mounted often and my local town has a good shop. When I dropped off the 2 tires and rims the tech unloaded them for me and said, “ looks like Coker tires by the way they are wrapped.”😳
He obviously knows his business.
$10 per tire to mount them.
Torchie

Up here mount and balance can easily be $40 a tire.

Paint it White

Going to brighten up the inside by painting it white. First coat is on.

Attachments

• white 002.jpg
    white 002.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 23
  • white 003.jpg
    white 003.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back