Another Build ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Until I have to load up my shop stuff I'll keep plucking away at. I would like to get the body bolted down some how before i start towing it :D

Added 3 more inches to Channel job, now it's 11", cut off what was the heater tube along the bottom to get some ground clearence [;)
I'm thinking about a two inch sectioning and then this old fart can step into it:eek:

Attachments

• LUV 055.jpg
    LUV 055.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 35
Looks like space for your butt is rapidly disappearing![ddd[ddd[ddd
Might want to get the frame shortened and the body fitted before you cut any more......[P[P[P

If you go with the rendition of Doc's which is very cool then, the way the frame rises to go over the axle is going to interfere with any seating.
You can cut the frame and do a rear kick up behind your seats to go over the axle.

attachment.php

Attachments

• LUV 055.jpg
    LUV 055.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 115
If you go with the rendition of Doc's which is very cool then, the way the frame rises to go over the axle is going to interfere with any seating.
You can cut the frame and do a rear kick up behind your seats to go over the axle.

attachment.php

Yep, that’s why I posted that. If you put the axle in the wheel well, the frame kick up will be in the seats way. Maybe stop the frame in front of the axle and suspend the rear on semi elliptical springs?

Thanks Guys

Old Iron / Bamamav:
That thought has been in my head since yesterdays cutting:eek:
I think i'll do the step-up and incorporate the shorting with it. [cl
Fortuitously I have a some what small butt :p
I'll a plenty of time to think it out after the move [S

Question

What's the shortest driveshaft anyone has built the worked[S I'll only have maybe four inches of wheel travel[S
I think I'm trying to squeeze five pounds of poo-poo into a two pound box:rolleyes:

And, the move is on hold for how long i don't know. Found out there are not any homes for sale in Durango, the realtor one to show and it was a cheapy at $650,000:eek:
Looking at Farmington NM, looks like a nice little town, and afordable[cl
Stay warm:rolleyes:

Me Again

Well it gets to see the light of day but, not the why I would like :(
I had my trailer loaned out for 15 yrs or so, some repairs needed.
About ready to make the move to Bloomfield, New Mexico :rolleyes: Hope to be in before Thanks Giving [S
Well hell, can't find the picture:eek: maybe tomorrow[S
Car on trailer:confused:

Well it gets to see the light of day but, not the why I would like :(
I had my trailer loaned out for 15 yrs or so, some repairs needed.
About ready to make the move to Bloomfield, New Mexico :rolleyes: Hope to be in before Thanks Giving [S
Well hell, can't find the picture:eek: maybe tomorrow[S
Car on trailer:confused:

Sounds like me on the picture thing. Good luck with the move.

I should have listened to grams "never a leander nor bower be"
But what the hell, I'm easy.:p
So here's the rig almost ready to go[cl

Attachments

• 20201029_133455.jpg
    20201029_133455.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Back