My Dodge Bros coupe!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your ever in Georgia stop by and give me a few lessons on those doors. Looks great

Haha... I've butchered my fair share & learned my lesson... chopping cars before the Model A that are straight up & down are soooo much easier! [ddd

BoB

When I angle chopped the top... I thought I might run into trouble with the door hinge locations & that was a problem indeed. I'm only using 2 hinges instead of the original 3 & the top one is perfect but it made the lower one 1" too low so I cut that section out & moved it up. On to the passenger side & I'm also gonna do a partial re-skin (1/2) on both doors!

BoB

Attachments

• cutout.jpg
    cutout.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 28
  • tacked.jpg
    tacked.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 28
  • inplace.jpg
    inplace.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 28
  • mudded.jpg
    mudded.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 27
15 weeks until Lonestar Round Up... better get a move on!!! I may not be totally finished but I'm gonna be there if I'm still above ground! [ddd:eek:[ddd

BoB

I'm assuming you are speaking metaphorically, Soltz, and I agree with your sentiments.
A bunch of us on this forum enjoy the trip, [building a hotrod] but the destination is secondary [the driving of 'said' car] because now you're not using your creative juices to solve problems. Enjoy the trip, [the build] and life can't get any better.

Drilled out the spot welds & am gonna do a 1/2 skin on the passenger door. Gonna repair some of the rot 1st then skin! Time for some slice & dice![ddd[;):D

BoB

Attachments

• IMG_2507.jpg
    IMG_2507.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2509.jpg
    IMG_2509.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2511.jpg
    IMG_2511.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 32
Looks like the average amount of rot out a ten year old New England vehicle.[P

Haha!

why not replace the entire skin up to the body line

Dutch,
I'm more confident in my skills with a smaller panel instead of the whole skin considering the curvature of the door. If someone made a real skin for this car I'd feel safer but no such luck! :eek:

BoB

I'm assuming you are speaking metaphorically, Soltz, and I agree with your sentiments.
A bunch of us on this forum enjoy the trip, [building a hotrod] but the destination is secondary [the driving of 'said' car] because now you're not using your creative juices to solve problems. Enjoy the trip, [the build] and life can't get any better.

Actually I was talking about the trip Tripper is going to take. I'm sure he will get it done [;)

Ya know what's funny ( funny odd not funny ha, ha ) is that the entire skin would be easier than fixing a smaller area would probably be easier.

Patch came out really well & managed to keep from warping it! Will finish up spot welding after lunch. Luckily the diver's door is in much better shape & I hope to have both doors finished by the weekend. :D[;):eek:

BoB

Attachments

• patch.jpg
    patch.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back