Brake Check!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarat

So recently I replaced the new but severely overheated/glazed shoes all around on the 53. I knew they were much better but never put them to the real world test....until a week after.

So I am on my way to the gal pal in the next small town up the road, mostly two lane and a lot of trucks. Then I take the back way, which goes through the scenic cow country, 60 mph, and only one light, therefore avoiding the older than me farts that pull out in front of you and then drive in the "eternal school zone" speed limit, forcing you to stop at every traffic light.

So I'm cruising along, I see a truck approaching from the other direction, and suddenly, there appears in my lane what appears to be a washing machine....with headlights.

This washing machine...or a white econobox, maybe a Chevy Cruz...hits the grass on the right, which angles off into a ditch, and I hit the brakes. I was sure this guy was going to over correct to avoid the ditch and hit me head on.

Whoosh! Suddenly I am completely stopped, sandwiched between a semi and a speeding out of control washing machine. I look in the rear view and see that the laundry was no longer in spin cycle, the truck moving on, and I went on my way.

It was then that I realized...wow...this thing locked up and stopped pretty quick, leaving some rubber on the pavement. That was the first time that I had to put this car through that manuever, and performed as it should, and its a good thing I did the shoes when I did.

Thats my story and its true, only the name of the appliance was changed to protect the guilty. :)

Latest posts

Back