Have you guys seen these?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know squat about theory but I do remember the 1980 F-100/150 having the swiss cheese frame, but only for a year. I wonder why Ford ditched the idea? Yes they look cool but I agree they would look better with a little smaller holes, just a bit more meat in the sides at the thinnest part. Also the car pictured in the listing seems to have them at a rather odd angle, kinda sloped down. Maybe it's just camera angle. If I was doing my own I would taper some 2x5 or 2x6 rectangular tubing. I would be concerned about my skills to get those all welded up without warpage and then the time it would take to grind the welds smooth. Anyway, just an old shadetrees 2 cents. Thanks for offering them and I hope you do well.

It is the camera angle. its ahrd to catch a 3 dimentional object with a flat lense...LOL... The time involved is why Im offering these.

Can I have my peanuts back, now?

Your peanuts are still busy

ISruo.jpg

I have updated these to fold. You guys got me thinking, how could I make these much more user friendly... So I deseigned them on a folding set up. You almost cant screw them up. Simply fold, weld, and smooth.

Attachments

• Spike - Welders series.jpg
    Spike - Welders series.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 25
  • S-Zkits.jpg
    S-Zkits.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back