How long is your 'T' roadster wheelbase?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2.3Turbo_T

Tryin' to figure out my wheelbase specs. '27 roadster, in the weeds, suicide frontend and a track nose. Fat 15's on the rear and 14's up front. I'm figuring somewhere between 105" and 115", but where? I don't want it to look like Garlit's Swamp Rat but I don't want it lookin' like a go kart either! Got my subframe built and now it's time to integrate the frame into the sub. Therefore, I need to decide on a wheelbase! Specs and pics would be awesome! Anyone?
[P

P4100001.jpg

P1010012_01-1.jpg

Well, mine is on a stock model a frame with a 103.5 inch wb, but since you are going to have a suicide front end that automatically puts about 6 more inches on it (between adding a perch then putting the axle in front of the spring.

I would guesstimate that you will be in the 110 inch range. Easiest bet is to build your first frame out of 2 x 4 lumber then stand back and look at it with the body in place and some wheels plopped where they will sit. Wood is easy to cut and will let you get some idea of how the finished frame will look.

Don

Thanks Don! Ya know, I love this ride!

Ilikethewheels.jpg

Just wondering if you've got any straight on side shots of your roadster. Now that I know your wheelbase, that would really give me an idea of how it'd look!

BTW, I'm way ahead of ya. Just too lazy to set it all up right now! Also, I think I'm gonna change the configuration of the frame.

P2230003.jpg

Thanks Don! That looks just a little stubby for me. I'm thinkin' 110"-112". Hey, I'm gettin' it narrowed down!

26Troadster, a side pic would be awesome!

2.3 t i will see what i can do, my car is in storage for the moment do to lack of no time and or funds. at this time i have about $1400.00 in it and lack wiring, lines brake/fuel, brakes and small stuff. i haven't posted much pics of the car because it is glass and has the pinto frontend, it is not a rat it is just a rod. i do have a older pic but have done some stuff sence it was taken, i did get close enough to get the wheel base and i lied to you it is 106"

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh609/heart-of-dixie-t/odiesroadster.jpg

Last night my Son Dan and I were finishing up putting the rear suspension under my 29 rpu project and I was surprised to find the wb is about 115. It didn't look that long to me, especially since the bed is so short, but I guess all the room we left for the Olds engine and the suicide front end added up.

Don

Latest posts

Back