Help a guy out !

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

120octane

I see alot of stuff about aftermarket mustang II front ends but what about stock. Please tell me if I'm headed in the right direction. the rails are level and the top of the crossmember is level is this correct or should it be laid back more. here are a few pictures any advice would be appreciated. I also thought about dropping the frame rails down on the cross member to lower the car is this an idea or no.
treys pictures 014.jpg

treys pictures 013.jpg

treys pictures 012.jpg

I would cut the front coils or get dropped spindles or dropped lower A-arms to lower that, M2 are nice because there a lot less weight and look cleaner, plus you get R&P steering

120 octane:
Yes you can drop the frame rails down to lower the car. The cross member should be level with the ground. the top hats for the springs will be tipped to the rear, when looking from the side. Put the level on the cross member, not the top hat. Ifyou want to check the ride height, the lower control arms will be straight out from cross member. Clamp a straight bar or a 2 x4 on the cross member to hold up the lower control arms. Thats the ride height. Hope this helps you....Tator

Thanks Tator

Thanks for your help. that is pretty much what I thought,the way I had it setting in there just seemed a little too easy. So I guess its time to start cutting again wish me luck

Latest posts

Back