New Job

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redidbull

I have been semi retired for the past couple years. I was working part time at Lowe's until Covid. They did a very bad job there protecting their employees take profits over people. I was an Electronic Tech for 40+ years and started looking for something in that direction. Agencies have been contacting me lately and I told them what I wanted, electronic company, close to home and part time. Last week I went on an interview and started a job yesterday. Working Monday to Friday, 8-12 as an assembler, 2 miles from the house. I never thought all these things would come together. I think people may not be going back to work. I haven't had agencies contact me like this in years. Still some life left in me I guess on the job market. Jim

[cl glad you found something you like.
I think you're right about people not going back to work :confused:

Last edited:
Very cool! As long as you enjoy doing it it's not work. I also agree with you at least in our state people are making more on unemployment right now than they are working. That's going to run out soon and these idiots are going to have to go back to work and get over this whole nonsense

Thank you all. In CT people are getting $600 per week on top of their unemployment. Many don't make $600 a week working! That will be running out in mid July then they will have no job. The agency I worked through tells me they are crazy busy. I got an email from her at 8:45 last night. Jim

I've been mostly retired for over 10 years & the only thing I miss about my old job is... my old paycheck!!!
[ddd[ddd[ddd

Congrats!!!

BoB

Congrats on the new job. In Rhode Island unemployment is paying $600 on top of the regular unemployment benefit A lot of people are staying out of work that could be working. In my opinion that money should be going to the small businesses instead of the people who aren't using up their money on expenses for their job. Fuel,clothes,wear and tear on vehicle,Food while eating out while at work.etc.

Good luck with that! I've been retired for 17 years now. Funny making more money not leaving home than I ever did at work..hoho!

Latest posts

Back