Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that style of Frenching :cool:
[P[P[P

Thanks for the comments gang. 👍
It’s mine as well.OI
No offense to anyone but I never cared for the newer style where the headlights lights are tunneled and have that wide ring of SS trim around the bulb.
I know that they can be a PITA when it comes time for adjusting or replacing a bulb but that the price of looking cool 🙀😂😎
Keep on keeping on.....
Torchie

attachment.php

outstanding! [cl[cl

Good covering of 2 part epoxy primer/sealer and under coated the inside.
I'll do the final body work once the car is put back together being that it is sectioned, there will be tweaking to do.:eek: [ddd
On to the other front fender now.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 20
I always chuckle to myself when I hear about how"They don't make them like they used to":eek:
That "Ledge" you see in pic 3 is the alinement of the top half of the fender to the bottom half. It was covered by the fender trim spear.[ddd
The Dodge fenders in 49 were still 2 piece stampings and the trim covered the seams.
Also this fender will need some rust repair as well. Notice the fact that there is no undercoating on this one and doesn't appear that it ever had any.
Was that a factory option? or is this a replacement fender? Who knows.
That's it for today as it's hot and humid here. Not a good day for grinding old paint and rust.
Have a safe Holiday weekend. Everyone.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 8
"I always chuckle to myself when I hear about how"They don't make them like they used to"
When someone would say that dad would always reply "and there's a reason"
:rolleyes:

It's coming along nicely Torchie, just remember to take it easy in the heat and keep hydrated. It was winter two weeks ago and now it's too hot to work!

Yes it's really hot and humid here but I got started on the PS front fender.[;) [;) [;)
That's it for today as now the bugs are out.:eek:
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 25
LOL, I figured you couldn't stay down for long! It's really coming along though Torchie, I'm glad you are keeping us up to date and inspired!

P.S. I couldn't stay out of the shop today either...for a little bit anyway. Lots of water!

[cl[cl Your a machine Torchie, I feel like such a slacker.:D [P[P

Thanks gang.!
Well. Parts of me are a machine, Dozer.:eek: [ddd :p
I think back to the way that I used to be able to work.......:(

Not my best welding today.My last eye injection was supposed to be back in March but got cancelled. I'm going to see him on Monday.[cl
Had to make a few relief cuts and then still more grinding to do but it got real humid all of a sudden and now it's pouring rain. So that's it for today.
PSA. ....When I filled in the OG parking light hole I did NOT cut out a circle and weld it in. I know,. I know.:eek: Lots of weld thru primer on both pieces an it will all get a coating of Chassis saver and then Undercoating on the in side of the fender.
Call me in 30 years if it starts to rust.[ddd :D
Tomorrow is rust repair and more grinding.
Thanks for stopping by....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 22