Quarantine honey list

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudget50

Creators of all things awesome
So we've been talking forever about putting a handrail up around our back porch area. Figured while I have the time and some big scrap most material I would take advantage of the time off

Attachments

• 0402201405_HDR.jpg
    0402201405_HDR.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 0402201408_HDR.jpg
    0402201408_HDR.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 0402201409_HDR.jpg
    0402201409_HDR.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 45
Nice, are you going to leave it raw?

Yes I'm going to leave it raw for the summer and probably into fall and we will see how the patina looks. If I like it I will then clear coat it with that bare metal stuff I use. If I still don't like it and it's not enough I will wait till spring

Lowbud, your spring like background bothers me somewhat. Oh, the colours. Here is what I saw when I went to check my fields today. It was -23 C* or -11F* this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 23
Lowbud, your spring like background bothers me somewhat. Oh, the colours. Here is what I saw when I went to check my fields today. It was -23 C* or -11F* this morning.

Damn, I'll stop complaining about 25°f hahaha

I'm envious of your weather as well.

I really like the railing you built.

I'm curious, does your building code have railing requirements? Here, we can't have anything climbable (straight up and down posts a short distance apart or glass are the commonly seen choices around here).

Nice job MF - I'm curious too about the codes in your area, having just recently built here we ran into several of the things that Snopro is interested in.

I'm envious of your weather as well.

I really like the railing you built.

I'm curious, does your building code have railing requirements? Here, we can't have anything climbable (straight up and down posts a short distance apart or glass are the commonly seen choices around here).
I vaguely recall seeing a video of some kids climbing a replica of an un-climbable wall that somebody wanted to build. Don't remember the exact details...

I like your railing, too, LB. Anybody that is climbing on it will notice that there is a drop-off and should act accordingly. Right?

I vaguely recall seeing a video of some kids climbing a replica of an un-climbable wall that somebody wanted to build. Don't remember the exact details...

I like your railing, too, LB. Anybody that is climbing on it will notice that there is a drop-off and should act accordingly. Right?

That's my opinion oh, we bought the house without a handrail around the drop-off. The county can go to jump off a cliff for all I care. If you're dumb enough to climb up the handrail and jump off of it you deserve to get hurt.

That's my opinion oh, we bought the house without a handrail around the drop-off. The county can go to jump off a cliff for all I care. If you're dumb enough to climb up the handrail and jump off of it you deserve to get hurt.

My feelings also. The problem around here is too many lawyers. If you built that railing here it would be considered an attractive nuisance and if some idiot got hurt it would be considered your fault and you would be paying for the rest of your life. Sorry about the rant.

My feelings also. The problem around here is too many lawyers. If you built that railing here it would be considered an attractive nuisance and if some idiot got hurt it would be considered your fault and you would be paying for the rest of your life. Sorry about the rant.

No rant, I feel the exact same way

Thanks for the compliments though guys my wife was actually really impressed LOL I probably don't do enough project for her like that. All she sees is the cars and the mess

No rant, I feel the exact same way

Thanks for the compliments though guys my wife was actually really impressed LOL I probably don't do enough project for her like that. All she sees is the cars and the mess
Maybe she needs more shop time. :D But seriously, keeping after the "honey list" is good for a relationship.

Lawyers aside, it will stop someone from accidently walking off the high side edge, that ought to make everybody happy.

Latest posts

Back