Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J88

Hey whats up?
I'm new on here , my name is Joe Mears . I'm from a small town called Pikeville , TN. I'm a welder by trade,and also build a few cars here and there. I'm mainly into rat rods right now, but enjoy a little of everything. Here is a pic of my junker. Hope ya like it .

Attachments

• IMG_1387.jpg
    IMG_1387.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 31
Welcome to you from Nashville Joe! Good to have you here.

Were you by any chance in Crossville, TN. last Saturday night? Maybe coming home from the Redneck Rumble in Lebanon? I think I saw your car at a stoplight in the southbound lane in Crossville. If it wasn't you it sure looked like your car. Regardless, I'm really impressed with your work. Something really different from all the rest.

Thunder1

Last edited:
Ya that was me . I didn't get to go to the rumble , had a local show in Pikeville for the Rescue Squad . I got 1st place in the rat car class !! Then went to Crossville for their monthly cruise in. Will try to go to the rumble next year.

J88,

I knew that had to be the same car! Not many of those coupes running around Tennessee. I wish I had known about the Crossville cruize in. I would have ditched the people I was with and come to it instead! :D I really wanted to be at the rumble myself but my wife insisted on being in Crossville with some friends. I'll be at the rumble next year for sure. Like I said before, it's good to have you here. I'm sure we'll probably see each other sometime in the future. I'm building a 51 Ford f-1 rat pickup. It should be on the road by spring.

Thunder1

Going to Cleveland TN onOct. 25th for their monthly cruise in . Been 500 to 600 plus cars showing up. Alot of rats also.

Welcome to RRR, J88. Nice ride there. Kinda reminds me of the modifieds I grew up watching on the short tracks growing up. My first racer was similar.

Ya I dirt track race at a few small tracks here in TN. I built my junker so it would kinda look like an old dirt racer. I used a ton of old dirt track parts I had and some I had to buy.

What tire would you like to see? Not a vintage set of WWW. I like to do burnouts and drive my car at least a couple hundred miles a week, so WWW would get pretty costly. I went with that tire becaus it gives it the old dirt track look.As for the rad. it keeps it cool, don't have to worry about running hot in traffic.

that car looks the part of an old dirt tracker, thats awesome!! i woul like to see some streetier tires though. maybe some BFGs Radial T/As on the back and a smaller set up front. other than that it looks great!

Ya I know , but there are a couple of rods in the area that runs the old side bars . I decided not to for that reason. I'm with you though it would look pretty cool.

Latest posts

Back